Post subject: Pics of GT40P's
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi all
Next week I am getting a custom set of extractors made up for my 5.0 which I put in my Ford Maverick 4x4.
It is currently running the stock E7 heads but depending on where things go I might look at fitting GT40P's in the future.
The exhaust guy said if I can to get some pics of the spark plug angle on the GT40P's he will build my new pipes to suit so I can still run them if I upgrade.
Can anyone help me out with this?

Also Im gunna open a real can of worms with this one. Talking to my local engine guy today he reckons with my application a set of ported E7's will be as good if not better then the GT's due to air speed ect. Basically my motor wont run over about 5 grand and will be rebuilt with torque as the main concern. I will be looking at a 347 kit for the extra low down to get 2300kgs of fourby moving. It will be nice to ahve enough up my sleeve to upset the local P platers in their V6 bogandores for a laugh. If I wanted a truely fast car again I would be playing with my wifes EL not the fourby.
Basically I want mine to pull well up hills , tow well and have enough to keep the traffic lights interesting.
What are your guys thoughts? i am open to all ideas I am getting as much info happening as I can so I only do things once.
Matt

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Post subject: Re: Pics of GT40P's
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Hi all
Next week I am getting a custom set of extractors made up for my 5.0 which I put in my Ford Maverick 4x4.
It is currently running the stock E7 heads but depending on where things go I might look at fitting GT40P's in the future.
The exhaust guy said if I can to get some pics of the spark plug angle on the GT40P's he will build my new pipes to suit so I can still run them if I upgrade.
Can anyone help me out with this?

Also Im gunna open a real can of worms with this one. Talking to my local engine guy today he reckons with my application a set of ported E7's will be as good if not better then the GT's due to air speed ect. Basically my motor wont run over about 5 grand and will be rebuilt with torque as the main concern. I will be looking at a 347 kit for the extra low down to get 2300kgs of fourby moving. It will be nice to ahve enough up my sleeve to upset the local P platers in their V6 bogandores for a laugh. If I wanted a truely fast car again I would be playing with my wifes EL not the fourby.
Basically I want mine to pull well up hills , tow well and have enough to keep the traffic lights interesting.
What are your guys thoughts? i am open to all ideas I am getting as much info happening as I can so I only do things once.
Matt
blower + nos = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

My thoughts are go with the GT40Ps if your going to stroke it eventually.
GT40Ps combustion chamber is different than the E7s as well. Spark plug angle is revised for better burn and hence power.
Leave a spot for the E7s as a door stop or boat anchor.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

GT40Ps have a 90 degree plug angle as opposed to i think it is a 45 on the E7s someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xlsv8ute

SA, Australia

gt40s are about 10degrees above deck of head and about 40 degrees angled back, this an estament looking at a spare set i have sitting around.
get a set of block huggers to suit gt40s, they could save you alot of $$$ fitting them to mav than custom made headers. With the money you save buy a set of gt40s ( there pretty cheap tese days) set valve train up for the cam your gonna fit, because your going to have to change cam if you wont any benifit when fitting a WINDSOR to a big 4WD. Dont waste your money porting a set of e7 heads to produce torque it wont happen mate.
gt40s plus cam will get excellent gains for money. with your hugger headers. You can pay up to 1500-2000 for custom headers which really are only a 500 dollar improvement

go the CROWS

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hugger headers are not an option as there are none that fit correctly. Been there tried that.
The custom headers are costing me $750 so I am happy to get them.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Get P's now and get them made around the P's mate, the E7s truly are that s**t. To port them to work any well will outweigh $$$ for a set of P's.
P's were originally designed for the ford explorer 4wd anyway, and make great torque down low.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ELGT wrote:
Get P's now and get them made around the P's mate, the E7s truly are that s**t. To port them to work any well will outweigh $$$ for a set of P's.
P's were originally designed for the ford explorer 4wd anyway, and make great torque down low.

Well in a perfect world I would be getting the P's and manifold now but unfortunately after spending a bit over budget doing the conversion in the first place the $$$'s aint there at the moment to do it all in one hit.
Unfortunately the pipes on it at the moment are stuffed and its either get the new ones done now or the truck is off the road.

The exhaust guy is confident that if he has some pics of the sides of the P's he can position the pipes to clear the plugs so I can fit them fine later.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

I've got these if they help. they are of my GT40Ps.

Attachments:
DSCF2183.JPG
DSCF2183.JPG [ 597.94 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
DSCF2182.JPG
DSCF2182.JPG [ 621.41 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
DSCF2102.JPG
DSCF2102.JPG [ 609.39 KiB | Viewed 196 times ]
DSCF2101.JPG
DSCF2101.JPG [ 601.02 KiB | Viewed 178 times ]

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mate that is gold. It is exactly the stuff Im looking for!
What pipes are you running on it? Are they for GT40P's or are they the standard ones? If they are the standard ones how do you go with plug clearance ect?
Thanks again!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Mate that is gold. It is exactly the stuff Im looking for!
What pipes are you running on it? Are they for GT40P's or are they the standard ones? If they are the standard ones how do you go with plug clearance ect?
Thanks again!

they are pacemakers I had with the old E7s, I had to fit the plugs prior to fitting them, there is no way I would get the front two in with the pacey's fitted, so I have used long life plugs.

also I made my own leads, they originals hit the pacemakers, so I got a lead kit that had different angle plug ends and made up the best fitting options.

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:03 pm 
Smokin em up

gt40p with e7 genie extractors. They run close to the plugs but have been on 6+ months & no melted leads or other problems.

Attachments:
S1030323.JPG
S1030323.JPG [ 415.35 KiB | Viewed 163 times ]

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

If you haven't already got a set, Advance do a set to suit GT40p's for e series falcons.

Good headers with great results, if you do get em, get them hp coated (ceramic).

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

schnoods wrote:
If you haven't already got a set, Advance do a set to suit GT40p's for e series falcons.

Good headers with great results, if you do get em, get them hp coated (ceramic).

I dont think E series ones will fit my 4x4. Tried that when we first did the conversion.

Thanks for the great pics guys it looks like I really have no worries at all. I will take them all down to the exhaust bloke but and go from there!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Oh just read the first post properly. My bad. :oops:

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next