Fordmods Logo

problem with cooling system 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: problem with cooling system
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XR8

VIC, Australia

i have just replaced my radiator cap due to loosing water from what seemed to be the overflow but have still had problems with loosing water and not too sure where its coming from. i have to fill the resivior every couple of day any ideas i hope its nothing major

!POST WHORE!

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

check all hoses, heater taps, radiator tanks, and things like that for leaks. Also check the water pump area as they have a tendency to cavitate and wear away. And check your oil and make sure it isnt milky! If its milky water is getting into the sump somewhere.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

if you've got coolant in your system, it'll leave that white corrosion look around where it's leaking.
go over your whole coolant system thoroughly.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Mine has just done the same. The bigggest leak was the small hose that was a 90* bend off the water pump and under the manifold to the heater. The the top radiator hose where the air bleed line taps of to the resivour.

You need to get your new hoses direct from Ford, no aftermarket manufacturer makes them. I just spent $150 on all new hoses. Working a treat now though, after months of a misterious leak.

Coincedentaly, the small 90* hose that I got for my EF using the EF parts catalogue was interesting. The sticker it had on it was "Falcon XW GTHO" and then the part number. It appears this hose has been used for 35 years or so.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 F.B.T

VIC, Australia

Hi if your after any hose for your vehicle i work at a dearlership and can get them at very good price just send me an email at xygthoph3@optusnet.com.au

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]