Fordmods Logo

problem with xr8 el just been put on gas 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

also joe it says manchester australia on the tank, the booklet i got with it says apollogas, also the gas computer has on it lambda control if this helps regards

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

garf wrote:
Hey Munch,
I just recently drove close to 6000kms after having gas fitted to my elxr8 and saved $400 in fuel over a previous trip of 5500kms on unleaded, not pulp! The system cost me $600 after govt. $2000 rebate. Power difference was only slight, and no!...I don't drive like your Nanna :)
Regards,
Gary.

Dizzy,
Pay a few bucks for a Gas tune, you won't regret it Fords seem to like the gas. I had a VL Calais EFI 6 that I fitted gas to, and it would backfire like a bastard :evil: I pulled up at a set of lights this day, and mum and bub's in pram were waiting to cross the intersection....I cruise off, not hammering! then f**k'......BANG!!!!...I glimpse in the mirrors, mum's grabbed the kid, obviously screaming it's ring out, and shaking a fist at me...I couldn't hear what she was saying? but she was not happy...lol :roll: That engine was never any chop on gas? I had it tuned, module replaced plugs, leads the whole "shooting match", in the end I gave up and traded it on this jigger...no probs now. :D
Regards,
Gary.
good car around cop shops and dough nut shops :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

Walker wrote:
I take it you've never had a car on LPG yourself Munch? It's common for the ones who haven't to tell everyone they're stupid for having it.... It's your money you're wasting, not mine!

The only ones to ever b**ch about it were the ones who had a s**t setup and never bothered to fix the probs.

But why would you buy an 8 on gas? Why would you buy a 6 on gas?
Sorry mate, you make no sense at all, i'm running a 5.0, it cost me $30 to fill it and the best i've had was 560 km to the tank.... What a d***head hey!?!?

Nah mate, brother has a dedicated gas ute and my dad has a duel fuel sedan.

My point is that I don't understand people spending big money on an 8, then decide to try and save it on fuel...

I do see and get your point on doing a proper job, with good results.

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Post subject: 5.0 LTR LPG
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

jazzy03 wrote:
also joe it says manchester australia on the tank, the booklet i got with it says apollogas, also the gas computer has on it lambda control if this helps regards

the tanks are all much of much if you got the kit from apollo then you'll have a landi convertor they have an idle & sensitivity adjustment on it I don't have the program to check the stepper position but I can still set idle & check for close loop operation......

Joe

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Theres a bloke (Macxr8) on TrueBlueFord who's rebuilding his AU VCT motor as a dedicated gas motor whereas before it was dual fuel. Will be interesting to see his results.

Post subject: EL lpg
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

yeh ! thats Shane, top bloke, both him & Duggy from T/B used my shop for the tech doco on '' auto trans servicing'' then my mechanic took Duggy for a ride in Jases EL & left the finger marks in the dash, I think he was inpressed.....he he he . :wink:

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

This thread has my interest...

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about LPG how much time and money to get my EL XR8 converted to dedicated gas? Do your usual performance mechanics have any issues working with dedicated gas? What's the difference between a good system and a not so good system?

Seeing $30 for 500+km is very appealing! I bought my car cos I like the look and sound of it. Now, if I can get it running at a third of the cost... call me old fashioned... but I think it's a great idea.

Oops... should I be posting this elsewhere?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Sorry, just saw the LPG section!

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2