Fordmods Logo

problem with xr8 el just been put on gas 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: problem with xr8 el just been put on gas
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

hi guys, i have just had my xr8 converted to lpg, it has duel fuel ,it is computerised gas, i have replaced plugs,leads, dizzi cap, rotor button, it runs perfect when its on petrol sometimes when its on gas the idle is really rough and misses, and then it goes back to normal for awhile, to me it seems to not get enough gas sometimes on idle, would anyone know how to help and also would any of these parts cause this problem on the gas only? idle control unit? air flow sensor? oxygen sensor? im not sure sure the lpg bloke is trying to say put a air ram on it but i dont think this will help as it happens from idle not after you are driving it....... thanks

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

could be too much gas.

My old ute used to love running lean on gas.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Post subject: lpg
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

if you want to come for a drive to Liverpool I'll check it out for you
it may a small adjustment or something like that ?? what system did he fitt ....brand name......

Joe

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

I dunno Y you'd put it on gas... it's an 8, 8's drink a lil bit... if you wanna be a tight a***, buy a 6.

Unless its improved you're power, similar to research etc... then it's ok!

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Holden

SA, Australia

Hey Munch,
I just recently drove close to 6000kms after having gas fitted to my elxr8 and saved $400 in fuel over a previous trip of 5500kms on unleaded, not pulp! The system cost me $600 after govt. $2000 rebate. Power difference was only slight, and no!...I don't drive like your Nanna :)
Regards,
Gary.

Dizzy,
Pay a few bucks for a Gas tune, you won't regret it Fords seem to like the gas. I had a VL Calais EFI 6 that I fitted gas to, and it would backfire like a bastard :evil: I pulled up at a set of lights this day, and mum and bub's in pram were waiting to cross the intersection....I cruise off, not hammering! then f**k'......BANG!!!!...I glimpse in the mirrors, mum's grabbed the kid, obviously screaming it's ring out, and shaking a fist at me...I couldn't hear what she was saying? but she was not happy...lol :roll: That engine was never any chop on gas? I had it tuned, module replaced plugs, leads the whole "shooting match", in the end I gave up and traded it on this jigger...no probs now. :D
Regards,
Gary.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Holden

SA, Australia

Sorry! bottom of previous post directed to Jazzy 03 not Dizzy.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

garf wrote:
Hey Munch,
I just recently drove close to 6000kms after having gas fitted to my elxr8 and saved $400 in fuel over a previous trip of 5500kms on unleaded, not pulp! The system cost me $600 after govt. $2000 rebate. Power difference was only slight, and no!...I don't drive like your Nanna :)
Regards,
Gary.

Dizzy,
Pay a few bucks for a Gas tune, you won't regret it Fords seem to like the gas. I had a VL Calais EFI 6 that I fitted gas to, and it would backfire like a bastard :evil: I pulled up at a set of lights this day, and mum and bub's in pram were waiting to cross the intersection....I cruise off, not hammering! then f**k'......BANG!!!!...I glimpse in the mirrors, mum's grabbed the kid, obviously screaming it's ring out, and shaking a fist at me...I couldn't hear what she was saying? but she was not happy...lol :roll: That engine was never any chop on gas? I had it tuned, module replaced plugs, leads the whole "shooting match", in the end I gave up and traded it on this jigger...no probs now. :D
Regards,
Gary.

I don't doubt it for one second mate, and I'm not having a stab at anyone who does, but... gas is used to save money, I just thought that if you were looking to save money and a fuel bill, that buying an 8 wouldn't be that smart? But hey, if it works, then sweet as :)

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Munch wrote:
garf wrote:
Hey Munch,
Regards,
Gary.

Dizzy,
Regards,
Gary.

I don't doubt it for one second mate, and I'm not having a stab at anyone who does, but... gas is used to save money, I just thought that if you were looking to save money and a fuel bill, that buying an 8 wouldn't be that smart? But hey, if it works, then sweet as :)

And you can have an 8 and get economy.... Well i must be a d***head, have had 3 or 4 8's on lpg since 1990!

Sounds to me like it's out of tune, take up Joes offer and get him to check it out.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I just don't understand why people buy an 8 then put it on gas, that's all. It seems silly to go buy an 8 (not cheap vehicles) then put it on gas because it's cheaper to run, with a bit of a power loss. Must be me...

Yes walker, it is me :D

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

ROFL - Yeah save money. Did anyone remember that LPG is up to 110 octane at lower flow speeds?

I had a 4.1 in canberra that would hold 5.0, and 5.8 falcons.

It ran on LPG.

Seems if you know what you doing, it goes. Also look at www.gas-injection.com - not production but for the 7 years I was running it I got more power on LPG than petrol *with no engine changes*

Only silly knobs think LPG is all about saving money.

Oh yeah - theres also the lack of Fuel Vapour when you fill up (I dont get sick).

Cheers

Nigel

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

But how many people do you know nigel that get lpg for power???

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

LPG in a gas dedicated engine will s**t on the petrol equivalent.

But i know my car will never be on gas regardless.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fordfairmont... I agree, mate has a researched 383 HZ Ute... its the quickest thing I've ever been in, but it's very expensive and most people just go for the basic loss of power set up...

Hence, like you, I'm happy on petrol, never gas

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I take it you've never had a car on LPG yourself Munch? It's common for the ones who haven't to tell everyone they're stupid for having it.... It's your money you're wasting, not mine!

The only ones to ever b**ch about it were the ones who had a s**t setup and never bothered to fix the probs.

But why would you buy an 8 on gas? Why would you buy a 6 on gas?
Sorry mate, you make no sense at all, i'm running a 5.0, it cost me $30 to fill it and the best i've had was 560 km to the tank.... What a d***head hey!?!?

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

hi all seems to be running ok after i put new leads, just seem to be idling a bit low, also on fuel it has a miss, maybe timming needs to be looked at????

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next