Fordmods Logo

procomp motor sport 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: procomp motor sport
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: el fairmont

VIC, Australia

i have read so much about procomp and there products and getting good and bad, i want to know does anyone here ever used there products and where they any good or should one stay clear???

Post subject: Re: procomp motor sport
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

there is already a thread on this question.
try the search function, shouldnt be to hard to find.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks for that millard455 i'll just get through the last 8 pages of v8 workshop and i'll have a look.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

try the thread "why are people knocking procomp"
sorry mate, i dont know how to make a link to it.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks guys

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU VCT,68 LANE,84 COURIER,

QLD, Australia

Mate i just have to say that some of the stories in the link dont explain how bad it really is and i know you should already have been put off ,but in the work shop a 355 holden motor was put together a complete motor they sent every thing,we got a pallet full of stuff,they sent a holley copy it refused to spray fuel no matter how we adjusted it,they also sent a 2 barrel gasket?,there fuel line fittings leaked so bad the manifold pooled with fuel,even with sealer it would still leak,the manifold holes did not line up so we had to drill the holes out to fit the manifold to the heads,the push rods also fouled the heads and had to be drilled out (after machining themselves for a few hours) the balancer would not go onto the crank snout with out being hit with a huge hammer several times,the rockers would never sit straight or tight and all the push rods had the oil holes drilled off centre and would flake off bits of metal,the water pump could not be fitted as the holes did not line up and the alternator lasted a few hours before make a noise a smell and sitting on an angle,the dizzy had heaps of side to side movement and the ignition box had a mind of its own,the leads were faulty and the dizzy cap sat to high for the rotor button making it arc out all over place,the timing gear was incorrectly marked,the engine was pulled down, we all drove it before hand and it would be one of the slowest V8s any of us had ever driven,nothing inside the engine has survived its all damaged and looks like its been raced to death but only had a few hours of running.I know its been said but it happened in our work shop every thing not just cranks and heads were stuffed.I take it personal and felt compelled to write this because this guy is going to walk away from the scene and the industry and think it cost to much and every one wants to rip him off .25 grand down the drain and he still has a rebuild a head of him its sad and shouldnt happen ! Dont even look at there crap,and car mags should be shamed to promote such harmfull crap.

YOU CAN LIVE IN A CAR BUT YOU CANT DRIVE A HOUSE

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thanks mate yeah all the reading i have done I'll be staying far away from them and there product's as the heads im looking at are not cheap and the last thing i want is them to have a piston shoved into them to many ppl say the same thing about them from different site's all bad.. i guess you get what you pay for..

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

Autofast2 wrote:
Mate i just have to say that some of the stories in the link dont explain how bad it really is and i know you should already have been put off ,but in the work shop a 355 holden motor was put together a complete motor they sent every thing,we got a pallet full of stuff,they sent a holley copy it refused to spray fuel no matter how we adjusted it,they also sent a 2 barrel gasket?,there fuel line fittings leaked so bad the manifold pooled with fuel,even with sealer it would still leak,the manifold holes did not line up so we had to drill the holes out to fit the manifold to the heads,the push rods also fouled the heads and had to be drilled out (after machining themselves for a few hours) the balancer would not go onto the crank snout with out being hit with a huge hammer several times,the rockers would never sit straight or tight and all the push rods had the oil holes drilled off centre and would flake off bits of metal,the water pump could not be fitted as the holes did not line up and the alternator lasted a few hours before make a noise a smell and sitting on an angle,the dizzy had heaps of side to side movement and the ignition box had a mind of its own,the leads were faulty and the dizzy cap sat to high for the rotor button making it arc out all over place,the timing gear was incorrectly marked,the engine was pulled down, we all drove it before hand and it would be one of the slowest V8s any of us had ever driven,nothing inside the engine has survived its all damaged and looks like its been raced to death but only had a few hours of running.I know its been said but it happened in our work shop every thing not just cranks and heads were stuffed.I take it personal and felt compelled to write this because this guy is going to walk away from the scene and the industry and think it cost to much and every one wants to rip him off .25 grand down the drain and he still has a rebuild a head of him its sad and shouldnt happen ! Dont even look at there crap,and car mags should be shamed to promote such harmfull crap.

s**t :shock: thats full on. Surely there some legal avenue this guy could take if the manufactures parts were that bad, even if he has to wear the labour costs.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]