Fordmods Logo

Quickest unopened ho 

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

t2te50 ive read your previous posts knocking other build projects, you mate are a wanker.

No-one said STOCK CAR, post is about UNOPENED HO 5.0L, considering you have rebuilt your motor its nolonger stock nor unopened GET A CLUE.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

green car wrote:
BOTTLEDUP wrote:
green car wrote:
This is the kind of stock i mean,stock cam is important to me.
Most definitely if the funds allowed i would get it tuned :D

Why is the stock cam important to you? God awful things they are :P How about fitting a 'stock' 200kw cam? ;)

Why is that are you gonna cam the TE? if you are ill take that 200kw cam off your hands :D

Nah but I know where there is an ED Sprint motor which might be retired from street duty soon... ;)

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
........what the purpose of the build was i.e. i think i remember t2te50's build was about maintaining stock mannerisms and fuel consumption whilst getting more power........

...and to run 13 sec quarters and pull over 100mph, oh and to hand a certain XH its a** down the 1/4. All of which he is yet to achieve.

Sorry Shannon, carry on.........

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hehe.

But in all seriousnes unopened or not, it would be good to raid the best of Fords parts bin and see how far the limits can be met using only ford gear with a good tune, bar the 351 - factory stroker gear.

But a stock tune is pointless on anything that has been changed one way or another when chasing hp or a timeslip. Economy and performance will be gained if tuned right and also be safe. Just look at Timmeh's build.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Hehe.

But in all seriousnes unopened or not, it would be good to raid the best of Fords parts bin and see how far the limits can be met using only ford gear with a good tune, bar the 351 - factory stroker gear.

But a stock tune is pointless on anything that has been changed one way or another when chasing hp or a timeslip. Economy and performance will be gained if tuned right and also be safe. Just look at Timmeh's build.

I agree whole heartedly that whats holding my own and many other motors is a descent tune. My engine pegs the MAF at 3,000 rpm. extra ignition and fuel mapping would make a big difference but then again I don't want anyone to f**k up my motor but myself :lol: .
Too proud and spent way way WAY to long porting and HANDCRAFTING everything to near perfection.
By the way I'm on the same wave length which is STOCK/UNOPENED 5L. The 5L H.O motor is a boat anchor and to costly to make fast IMO.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Hehe.

But then you open another can of worms, are we talking just Ford or Ford Racing...

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:55 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Has anyone here managed to get better then 2.2 60ft with their AU 5.0L on street rubber??? I don't believe in slicks (cheating)
I've opened up throttle plate to improve off idle torque but engine still has less of it down low making it difficult to find the sweet spot (revs/clutch take up). Engine still makes 160RWKW at 6,000rpm and doesn't raise a sweat when hitting the 6,2000rpm injector cutout.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
Has anyone here managed to get better then 2.2 60ft with their AU 5.0L on street rubber??? I don't believe in slicks (cheating)

Is there any point in telling you Yes?? Will you believe it when it is said?

Here,

Quote:
Thanks again guys just for the record I did 5 or 6 serious passes the rest with passengers the best off was the 13.723 with 1.98 60ft @102.51 mph with a couple of 13.8s motor is how it came from the factory 5spd 220 + unichip, G+D cai.. exhaust was dropped from cat back + some niffty migging by bri bri put 2x 2 1/2 hot dogs onto the cats just to take the edge of the noise (must be getting old ) tyers were kev hand me downs toyo proxys on stock16" steel ford rims, spare out of the boot + 3/4 s of tank of fuel..
Regards ..Whoosha

Taken from here - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread ... ht=whoosha

That is a real unopened 5.0.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

That time has got me stumped and I can hardly believe it to this day. I'd take . 4 off my time just by running a 2.0 60ft. Whether its clutch/driver/tyres who knows.
I thought I had the quickest au2te50/au3 xr8 untuned/factory car until a dude from up your way ran a 14.28 at 156kmh. Some .07 quicker then me :(
Engine has done 11,000km of hard driving know and loosened up heaps. I'll probably wait till autumn/winter next year for one final shot at the strip.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
schnoods wrote:
Hehe.

But then you open another can of worms, are we talking just Ford or Ford Racing...

Haha, Theres enough worms here to go fishing here for a month, plenty of bites to be had.

I thought Just plain old ford and not ford racing but the way the topic is going I think there will be more heat than figures, though there are some mighty good drivers and combos getting about.

I have see a AU 220kw manual run a 13.8 with nothing more than a exhaust and a flash tune with a pod on the end of the maf. Even had the pleasure of running against him. Went well, I caught him in the end but the low down torque he had was great. He woulda had low 60' times, 3000 rpm launches and grippy tyres help.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
skidder wrote:
........what the purpose of the build was i.e. i think i remember t2te50's build was about maintaining stock mannerisms and fuel consumption whilst getting more power........

...and to run 13 sec quarters and pull over 100mph, oh and to hand a certain XH its a** down the 1/4. All of which he is yet to achieve.

Sorry Shannon, carry on.........

hehe, i knew this, i was trying to be kinda subtle and not start a s**t fight lol...

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

It's probably going to be quite hard to find a 5.0 that hasn't had some mod done to it?
I suppose if you say "unopened" that will mean everything external to the engine can be modified?
That might mean;
underdrives, ignition, t-body, MAF, headers exhaust are allowed?
I'll let you know how my Van goes soon. It's a stock 180k old 5.0 with underdrives and 65mm t-body running AU EECV. Still has squashy stock headers and the 2 1/2" single that was on the 4.0 before.

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
That time has got me stumped and I can hardly believe it to this day. I'd take . 4 off my time just by running a 2.0 60ft. Whether its clutch/driver/tyres who knows.
I thought I had the quickest au2te50/au3 xr8 untuned/factory car until a dude from up your way ran a 14.28 at 156kmh. Some .07 quicker then me :(
Engine has done 11,000km of hard driving know and loosened up heaps. I'll probably wait till autumn/winter next year for one final shot at the strip.

Champ, you are an A grade dumbass and i could write a book on the s**t you dont know, so do us all a favour and just kick rocks,move along,get lost. :evil:
Stay the f**k out of my thread.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
It's probably going to be quite hard to find a 5.0 that hasn't had some mod done to it?
I suppose if you say "unopened" that will mean everything external to the engine can be modified?
That might mean;
underdrives, ignition, t-body, MAF, headers exhaust are allowed?
I'll let you know how my Van goes soon. It's a stock 180k old 5.0 with underdrives and 65mm t-body running AU EECV. Still has squashy stock headers and the 2 1/2" single that was on the 4.0 before.

Yes thats exactly it.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

green car wrote:
t2te50 wrote:

Champ, you are an A grade dumbass and i could write a book on the s**t you dont know, so do us all a favour and just kick rocks,move along,get lost. :evil:
Stay the f**k out of my thread.

What idiot starts threads on unopened 5.0l H.O motors? A seriously deranged and lost individual thats on welfare payments maybe? Eat a knob you twerp.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next