Radiator 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Radiator
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

Just wondering if anyone has put an after market Radiator in and if so what kind as mine just keeps getting too hot in summer time Thanx :twisted:

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

ive got a adrad radiator in my xr8. adrad radiators have 1 piece end tanks so no problems with splitting the joins and the tubes are slightly larger so less prone to blockage. have ya cleaned the radiator?? might just be full of crap or the thermostat might be corroded and not working properly.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: v6 anniversary accord

NSW, Australia

my nc is the same..the f**k thing gets up over half with a bit of a boot up hill..gets hot idling with the air on after a while as well...never out of the normal section but still to hot for my liking.....BUT it seems to have a new cap on the header tank and it is spitting water past it and out when hot..to the point it empties the header tank.

'WALKER f**k MY WIFE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS s**t SIGGIE'

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

iam death wrote:
my nc is the same..the f**k thing gets up over half with a bit of a boot up hill..gets hot idling with the air on after a while as well...never out of the normal section but still to hot for my liking.....BUT it seems to have a new cap on the header tank and it is spitting water past it and out when hot..to the point it empties the header tank.

if coolant is geting past the cap you should replace it even if it is new. the spring can s**t its self and not hold pressure, that might be why its getting warm. have you had the coolant system pressure tested?

Post subject: Re: Radiator
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Grumblexr6 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has put an after market Radiator in and if so what kind as mine just keeps getting too hot in summer time Thanx :twisted:

I'm running an Adrad H/D aswell. Basically just a copper twin-core, with larger tubes, more fins per inch and as stated 1 piece end tanks. Has held up extremely well so far with the new engine. I'm also running a 180* thermostat as apposed to the 192* std item. Always sits around L and A on the std guage, highest its been up is M and that was in peak hour traffic for a fair while.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: v6 anniversary accord

NSW, Australia

millard455 wrote:
iam death wrote:

if coolant is geting past the cap you should replace it even if it is new. the spring can s**t its self and not hold pressure, that might be why its getting warm. have you had the coolant system pressure tested?

nah but thats the next thing..ill get a new cap,a new thermastat and a cooling pressure test...
cheers.

'WALKER f**k MY WIFE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS s**t SIGGIE'

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

DON'T buy one of those SSS brand alloy radiators. They flooded the market a while back and are really low quality, according to various radiator places. I'm on my second in two years....

But definitely get the rad taken out and cleaned internally. They block up all the time. A power flush with it still in the car won't do the job properly. End tanks off and tubes scraped out is the only way.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Radiators are a serviceable item. I had an Adrad 4 core and it s**t itself within 2 years. So I just bought a stock-like 3 core. They all do the trick. Make sure everything else is working properly first.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

One Drone wrote:
Radiators are a serviceable item. I had an Adrad 4 core and it s**t itself within 2 years. So I just bought a stock-like 3 core. They all do the trick. Make sure everything else is working properly first.

what part of your adrad radiator s**t its self mate?? i wouldnt use stock ford radiators cos of the join in the end tanks that give out. when my stock one s**t the radiator must have been slightly blocked and i was giving her hell in second and hit some bumps on the road and she broke traction and bounced of the limiter prety hard and then my passenger side endtank became 2 pieces :shock:

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

grumblexr6 and iam death, how hot does the end tanks get when at normal operating temp? passenger side should be warmer than drivers side but if its that hot you cant touch it thats a good sighn of a blockage or if the passenger side heats up realy quickly its also sighns of blockage

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]