NO 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
MAYBE 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29

Post subject: turbo kit
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Price and parts is in first post dude

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I just got of the phone with the turbo kit builder and he is keen on making the kit providing that he have at least 5 ppl definatly keen and having a $500.00 deposit.

Im not sure how that is gona go down with u all

So pretty much he can do a kit that will be a custom manifold from the drivers side and have a pipe from the passanger side come off the standard extractor and come around the front of the engine and run across to the turbo. So imagine a pipe from the drivers side coming in front of the engine then across but the pipe would be placed at the same level as the bottom of the radiator.

But if you wanted a more bigger turbo and so on the he would have to do a kit were the passanger side will also be custom made so it can flow alot more and he can run something like a GT42R or whatever else u like. But this would cost an extra $1200-2000 more to build the manifold on the passanger side and making a few little other things up.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: turbo
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So pretty much under $5000.00 he can do a kit which has the following

Genuine GarretGT35R turbo, custom manifold drivers side, 50mm turbosmart wastegate, braided oil and water lines and turbo heat shield. Note standard extractor on passenger side and using a pipe from there to turbo.

OR

Under $7000.00

As above but with custom extractor from passanger side also coming to the turbo which he can run bigger turbo's like GT42R and so on.

So would look something like this with all custom manifolds drivers and passangers side

http://bgturbokits.com/store/index....&products_id=43

http://bgturbokits.com/store/index....products_id=197

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

so then you got to upgrade injectors, get a aftermarket ECU, zorst, intercooler, tuning???

so all up nearly $10k

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh 10K easily

All depending on ECU used and few other little things too.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Keep in mind .. Doing a stroker with good breathing etc would cost atleast that!!
Don't really rquire aftermarket ECU with MAF metered Fords.. There are aftermarket and Fords supercharged MAF meters that do the job..
Such as the Lightning etc..

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im find all sorts of information on this single turbo stuff, seems to be a popular thing in the USA.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NXx_kaMG8 ... re=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXrzErLT ... re=related

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII XR8 Ute

QLD, Australia

out of curiousity, what level of boost would those interested be looking to add to their motors, and of those, how many are using the stock 5 litre? and how many a rebuilt motor?

I would absolutley love to slap one of these kits on my XR8, but in all honesty, with 150,000kms on the dial, i'm not sure how long it could withstand forced induction.

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII XR8 Ute

QLD, Australia

out of curiousity, what level of boost would those interested be looking to add to their motors, and of those, how many are using the stock 5 litre? and how many a rebuilt motor?

I would absolutley love to slap one of these kits on my XR8, but in all honesty, with 150,000kms on the dial, i'm not sure how long it could withstand forced induction.

Post subject: xr8
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I think between 8-11psi would be max on a standard engine regardless of kms. If it was over 200,000kms and in a sad state then less boost.

At the end of the day if the engine is healthy and compression is good in each cylinder even if its 50,000 - 250,000 with a good tune it will be fine.

Ford engines go for ever if there taken care of :D

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Brendan351 wrote:

I know it isn't quite the same, but as a rough guide, my stock motor (exhaust & extractors are only mods) has been charged for about 5 years running 10-12psi pushing 300rwhp, and I have had no problems with reliability over and above the norm. Only parts that are expendable have gone due to wear and tear.

I am by no means light on my car, but I don't drive it around thrashing the crap out of it everywhere I go. I have put about 30,000kms on it I think, pushing the odometer up to about 150,000kms. That's in an EF XR8. AU with 150,000 should be fine as long as you aren't a moron of a driver.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Post subject: xr6
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

As long as the engine is in good working order and dont push it past 370-400rwhp it will last. As long as the tune is good and everything is kept in good working order.

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
Brendan351 wrote:

I know it isn't quite the same, but as a rough guide, my stock motor (exhaust & extractors are only mods) has been charged for about 5 years running 10-12psi pushing 300rwhp, and I have had no problems with reliability over and above the norm. Only parts that are expendable have gone due to wear and tear.

I am by no means light on my car, but I don't drive it around thrashing the crap out of it everywhere I go. I have put about 30,000kms on it I think, pushing the odometer up to about 150,000kms. That's in an EF XR8. AU with 150,000 should be fine as long as you aren't a moron of a driver.

Well Im a Moron. :roll:

Mine lasted only 150,000km (just under), the motor had 15 000km boosted.

Mind you, the motor was neglected by the previous owner, had been near on cooked once before. Also it was only a gasket problem which is also a good excuse to upgrade.

Bottom end wise, it has no probs, except for the smallest bit of blow by (which i suspect was from a previous incident).

But 3-4 weeks in a row at the drags was what did the gasket and limiter burnouts.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Mind you, the motor was neglected by the previous owner....

That it was mate. When you come up you will have to have a look in the valley (under inlet manifold), nice black sludgey oil mate. Definately a lack of oil changes there.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yep.

The previous owner used it as a work vehicle out at the communities out of Darwin, i have heard of stories of using 2 stroke just to get to a servo...

Seems a shame, but now i know she will be healthier.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next