Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Stroker Or Blower ??
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
s-tranzor went down the 347 path but is too scared to take it down the strip, so we don't know what that's capable of :lol: . I'm sure that would be able to get into the 12s with over 300rwhp and a bucketload of torque.

Aint a question of bein scared, its a question of not if, but when my ratty T5 s**t itself, I have no $$ to get a beefed up replacement one yet :P hehehehe.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

s-tranzor wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
s-tranzor went down the 347 path but is too scared to take it down the strip, so we don't know what that's capable of :lol: . I'm sure that would be able to get into the 12s with over 300rwhp and a bucketload of torque.

Aint a question of bein scared, its a question of not if, but when my ratty T5 s**t itself, I have no $$ to get a beefed up replacement one yet :P hehehehe.

Hahahaa... got himmmm!

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
s-tranzor wrote:
Scaffy wrote:

Hahahaa... got himmmm!

bah. I been scaffyrolled. :mrgreen:

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:58 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

+2 for both

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

TKFDXR8 wrote:
go the S/C. basically bolt-on. no need to take engine out. and can sell kit seperately if you want to later. stroker - you need to take motor out and basically do a all machine work. a lot of labour $$, for not that much gain.

If i was to rebuild motor, i would do stroker, but if motor is still good, go the S/C. If worried about bottom end strength, i think you can install a girdle without taking motor out - up thru sump.

the raptor kits seem to be reasonably priced.

Thats the reason I went the vortech path, though in the end, it seemed the motor wasnt in the best nick..

I am now blowerless, the stock motor with the blower was great, but i did end up getting a slight bit of blowby and blew a head gasket. The motor was pulled out with under 145 000km on the clock.

Still i have no regrets with it, with a small stall and a much lighter driver (im twice the weight of an average male :oops: ) i reckon a 12 would be with in reach easily.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:01 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Do this; ford-v8-f2/351w-into-xe-ute-t9411.html and it's well under 12K....it's well under 10k in fact. Match port the intake widen the lobe sep to 114 degrees and make an easy 300rwhp and 460lb torque at the rears. Hell if your budget is 12K stick a 392 stroker kit in it too.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

How about a single turbo setup???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:35 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

The new Raptor kit should be completed at end of next week in terms of hardware and be running the week after all tuned up.

Full kit should be around $5k for 8.5 - 9psi, if it comes to less then it will, won't come to more unless some unexpected component. Will include 36lb injectors and matching plug in chip.

Will be definitely the best deal in Australia for a full kit (inc injectors and tune) and also for a 10psi kit. I doubt anything will compare for power at this price.

Should take the average person around 4 hrs to fit, very simple, will be DIY friendly.

Kit will look different to what RaptorXR8 had on his car but he can still hold head high as it showed what had to be done

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

I'd go with a positive displacement blower. The idea of a Kenne Bell was raised above. This is a perfect suggestion. You can also look at a Wipplecharger from USA. Same idea, positive displacement so massive torque down low.

Best of all, fitment is a breeze, you could do it yourself. It's just a glorified intake manifold replacement. So you're not wasting any of that $12k on machining or hourly rates for an engine builder to remove from the car, disassemble, put a whole engine back together, and then reinstall.

Run a MSD 6BTM to retard ignition only under boost conditions, and use 98 Ultimate or similar.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 1998 Au 5L Forte

WA, Australia

thanks heaps guys but ended up going with the stroker as it threw a leg out of bed and needed a whole new motor so i got it built before putting back in the car, very impressed with it i cant wait to run it on waw meet

FORD Loved by some Respected by all

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3