Supercharging Boss engine - oil lines 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Supercharging Boss engine - oil lines
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hi all,

i'm posting this up for a mate.

he has a BA XR8 and is extremely keen on a supercharger! but would rather not remove the engine to remove sump to fit oil lines. but maybe you dont have to? feed from the oil sender, drain back into dipstick, like some holden owners have done... is this the way to do it?..

cheers for any help!

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Powerdyne and Raptor's are internally oiled : No engine oil feed needed. Im not sure about most of the CAPA kits but I think theyre the same?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeh CAPA sell's the sealed Vortech units.

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:41 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Get BPTs' Eaton M122 kit.

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yep go the sealed unit.

But with so many positive displacement units on the market for a boss, you'd be crazy not to get one.

Whipple, Eaton, Yella Terra, Kenne Bell...

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

Top mount blower is the only way to for a Boss and they range from stealth to f**k animals, but of course there is a price tag on these so expect around 10-15k but it's well worth it :)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Get BPTs' Eaton M122 kit.

Hi mate,

Yeah it's a toss up between the M122 kit and the whipple kit sold through Yella Terra, as there roughly the same price!

is the M122 kit the best option?

He keep's coming back to the Vortech kit's due to the price, but i'm trying to steer him in the right direction :lol:

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:24 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

G'day bloke,

There are many reasons why the Eaton is the best. BPTs' site has a good explanation of this. Plus their kit is the highest quality and the most complete.

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Do your research first instead of going by ppls opinions on here, XR9UTE will tell you eaton is the best with reasons to back it up, I'll tell you kenne bell is the best with reasons and joe blow will tell you yella terra is the best. You have to work out what you want the car to do, how much you wanna spend then call up BPT, Bluepower and Herrod, ask them everything you wanna know and see which one suits your needs best

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah i realise that mate, i'm doing exactly that on here, seeing what people's opinions are! most people are dead set if you have the cash, then positive displacement is the way to go. So now im reading reviews, individual's experience's with certain brands. Most of my research is on mustang forums. But at the end of the day its my mate's decision....

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ye that's fair enough. Go check out fordforums if you haven't already, there's a few ppl with blown boss' around and a lot of info. Also give Chris from Bluepower a call, he knows his s**t and can tell you all about kenne bells and about the side mount ones if that's what your mate wants to get.

How much is your mate budgeting and what's he done so far to the car?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

His budget is 10 - 11g. But with a positive displacement charger, there isnt much room for a tune in the budget. He already has a twin 2.5inch exhaust which is about it as far as mod's go. I'm seeing if it would work out cheaper if he bought the Eaton M112 gen5 through the US, and the rest of the part's here.

I see summitracing have afew 5.4L supercharger kits, but for trucks, so i doubt they could be retrofitted very easily.

I'm assuming the BOSS engine's run 24LB enjectors? so some 42LB's would be a nice upgrade. Also, is the fuel pump upto the task? it will only be running 8psi top's, so i presume it should be ok?

has anyone on here has some experience with the SNIPER tuning BPT offer's? opposed to a CAPA flash tune, as the sniper route may work out cheaper.

thanks for the heads up about chris as Bluepower, i might actually give him a ring this afternoon!

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

my mate has a ba xr8 with a capa reverse rotation s/c on it with 8psi pulley. kpm fitted it here in s.a. and along wth 4 into 1 extractors and bigger fuel pump and injectors makes 330rwkw.

it goes extemely hard and great value for money if you ask me.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Before he even starts at looking at a charger he will need Billet oil gears then 4-1 extractors and a tune. Chris has used all the different tuners so he can tell you which is best (pretty sure capa is still the one to get). Is the car auto or man?

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

blacksabbath189 wrote:
His budget is 10 - 11g. But with a positive displacement charger, there isnt much room for a tune in the budget. He already has a twin 2.5inch exhaust which is about it as far as mod's go. I'm seeing if it would work out cheaper if he bought the Eaton M112 gen5 through the US, and the rest of the part's here.

I see summitracing have afew 5.4L supercharger kits, but for trucks, so i doubt they could be retrofitted very easily.

I'm assuming the BOSS engine's run 24LB enjectors? so some 42LB's would be a nice upgrade. Also, is the fuel pump upto the task? it will only be running 8psi top's, so i presume it should be ok?

has anyone on here has some experience with the SNIPER tuning BPT offer's? opposed to a CAPA flash tune, as the sniper route may work out cheaper.

thanks for the heads up about chris as Bluepower, i might actually give him a ring this afternoon!

I think they are 29-30 lb injectors on the Boss, still would require an upgrade regardless.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next