Fordmods Logo

TE-TS 50 heads 

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Yeh he wanted to sell me his own custom extractors too but I didn't need them. I would have been curious what he would charge to fit all the parts you would have ready.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

do it yourself, I am, then again I do have 2 technical trades to back me up, although I've never done up a EFI 302W before, but it can't be that hard

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Yeah its not really that hard to do and you do save yourself a lot of $$$$. As for the TB, stick with the 65mm, a 70mm will not give any better performance.

gunit18 wrote:
i know he's expensive, quoted me 1050 for extractors and i got em for 550 on ebay!

Yeah he isn't cheap, but his work is excellent quality. Also worth noting that his extractors come with cats whereas the pacies you get on ebay don't. So considering the cats are easily worth $4-500, that price isn't that bad at all.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

Mick did my full exhaust (heads to tip) with stainless headers and mild steel from the cats back for $1800... pricey but the best you can get..

In fact Mick has done a bunch of stuff on my car(s) and I have never once had a problem... rare these days.
Suspension (lowering)
Exhaust/Extractors/Intake
Front Spoiler
Manual conversion (EF 5spd into my old XF- still going strong)

Mick never pretends to be cheap, but he'll give you straight, no s**t advice and the best workmanship around. I sound like a suckass, but when you find a mechanic that doesn't d**k you around it's good to know.

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

znipa-x wrote:
do it yourself, I am, then again I do have 2 technical trades to back me up, although I've never done up a EFI 302W before, but it can't be that hard

I don't have the technical background unfortunately. To do a cam and all the rest is not something that I have good working knowledge of.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so the AU throttle body is a direct bolt on to the edelbrock manifold? i'll try mick out today and see what he has to say.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Went to see Mick at SVO, he will be doing my engine in the 1st or 2nd week in January which is good. Gave him the heads 2day so he could put better springs on them, ordered an Edelbrock inlet manifold which was 950, new throttle body and EGR spacer, he's getting a cam made up for me, rollmaster timing chain set, roller rockers and he's fitting it all. Also going to flush the auto out. Said it would cost around 4500 which im happy with. He's a great guy to talk to, was very helpfull and didn't s**t me. I would recommend him to anyone.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

wish I could blow that much on my car, my budget has me doing all the work myself and scrounging around for the cheapest supplier of parts, then beg, borrowing and well not quite stealing the tools to do it, damn I miss not having access to all the gear I need/want

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dropping my car in today, Mick said it should be done by Friday. few things i need to sought out. 1st- will the stock ecu gradually learn the mods that im doing? will it handle 180-190rwkw? wat aftermarket chips are available and that work well in the e series 5ltr. need some advice.
thanks

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Unichip and chiptorque seem to be pretty popular for piggyback chips.

I am doing similar mods to you, aiming for the same power figures, and have been told that the standard ECU will handle it fine. The only thing that might be an issue is idle because of the cam, but if Mick is getting one done to suit your application then I can't see you having any trouble there.

180-190rwkw will probably max out the stock injectors, therefore i'd consider 24lb ones with a fuel pressure regulator. With this, you'll need a MAF calibrated to 24lb injectors if you want to retain your stock ECU or otherwise you will have to go aftermarket chip to alter the A/F ratios, not to mention throwing in extra $$$ for dyno time for a tune

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

He said not to worry about a bigger MAF as he doesn't think they're necessary. Will it need to be tuned/dynoed after all this is done? I will prob keep the stock injectors for a while until i save some cash. wont be pushing it that hard yet. do u reckon i could get 200rwkw from these mods? dont know the cam specs but mick said it has 540 lift. wat are the crane 2030/2031 specs?

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mick is usually pretty good but I can't see you getting anywhere near 200rwkw with stock MAF and injectors, I would say maybe around 160rwkw. And yeah I would be getting on they dyno to check AF ratios because if you do happen to get 180+rwkw those injectors will be maxed out and could be going very lean. The stock MAF is really only good for 140-150rwkw, after that it is a fair restriction.

The cam Mick uses is fairly good, personally I like the 2031/2030 design better because it is a split pattern cam with exhaust bias where as the Mick's from memory is not. But I know quite a few people with it who are very happy with the cam.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

where can i source a bigger MAF and 24lb injectors? is it necessay to put both on at once or can i put injectors on first then MAF? what about the stock fuel pump, is it sufficient enough?

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

gunit18 wrote:
where can i source a bigger MAF and 24lb injectors? is it necessay to put both on at once or can i put injectors on first then MAF? what about the stock fuel pump, is it sufficient enough?

MAF and injectors need to be matched together otherwise you need to modify the EEC with an chip or edit. The best place to source MAF and injectors is in the US, try www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com both have huge ranges and will ship over here.

Stock fuel pump should be ok for around 200-250rwkw (dependign on age of course). It is still a good idea to get a decent intank 190 or 255l/hr pump on any moded car IMO, just for safety, but its not needed. Walbro make good quality and well priced pumps, again check in the US or off ebay (just make sure you get genuine walbro as there are some fakes going around).

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Would a fuel pressure regulator be necessary if upgrading to 24# injectors and matching MAF or can we get away with our stock fuel pressures?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next