Fordmods Logo

Thermostat 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Thermostat
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

Well after geting a reco radiator fitted & the car still running hot it was worked out the thermostat s**t it self & got a new one & its to big & I asked for a EB 5.0L thermostat at REPCO, so after finding out its the wrong one I ended up putting everything back minus the themostat & now the car runs sweet but I do plan to get the thermostat done in the new year.

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

If I dont put a therostat in will it effect the engine at all?

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 8590

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yes it will effect the running of it, also a cold running engine wears a lot faster than a hot one.

You could have just cut the guts out of the old one and fit the ring as a restrictor, that will help a little at least.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1162

Joined: 19th Jun 2005

Location: perth sor
WA, Australia

one thing worth noting is the ford factory thermostat is a different temperature range to the aftermarket selections ie the ford one is hotter.. and thats the one that gets used in the mustangs across the US including the desert

 

_________________

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

-clampy- wrote:
one thing worth noting is the ford factory thermostat is a different temperature range to the aftermarket selections ie the ford one is hotter.. and thats the one that gets used in the mustangs across the US including the desert

what are they worth & where are they avalible?

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 4967

Joined: 22nd Nov 2004

Location: FAR FAR AWAY LAND
QLD, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
-clampy- wrote:
one thing worth noting is the ford factory thermostat is a different temperature range to the aftermarket selections ie the ford one is hotter.. and thats the one that gets used in the mustangs across the US including the desert

what are they worth & where are they avalible?
Go to a Ford dealer and get the proper one for your car

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1162

Joined: 19th Jun 2005

Location: perth sor
WA, Australia

what he said.. (comes in a pretty FoMoCo box too)

25 bucks i think, its been ages since i bought it (funnily enough i only installed it in the car last nite.)

 

_________________

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

noisy wrote:
Ben_Daui wrote:
-clampy- wrote:
one thing worth noting is the ford factory thermostat is a different temperature range to the aftermarket selections ie the ford one is hotter.. and thats the one that gets used in the mustangs across the US including the desert

what are they worth & where are they avalible?
Go to a Ford dealer and get the proper one for your car

Got quoted $46 for the thermostat & $15 for the gasket

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:40 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names