Fordmods Logo

Throttle Body, MAF and more????? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Throttle Body, MAF and more?????
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Hey,
I am now going ahead with the supercharger idea and need to get a new TB, MAF, fuel pump and injectors.

I am asking because now MR. Landau hasn't got his company listed on this site anymore i need to get some of the above mentioned things elsewhere.

I need to find a new TB and MAF for an EL, if someone has any for sale or knows of where i can buy these from. I'm guessing around a 70-75mm TB and MAF, well enough to flow for over 240rwkw.

What fuel pump should i get? I've heard about the Holley Blue fuel pumps, just wondering if someone knows where i could get that or another fuel pump to run at over 240rwkw, also are the Walbro pumps any good or can they flow for this sort of power.

Lastly.... Injectors, where can i get them from, and are they all the same between models? Cause there are some 42lb injectors advertised in the trading post every week for $65 each, would they be a general fit or not?
If not where can i get some from, 42lb to run the power i need i think.

If anyone has any of these parts for sale or know of a whereabouts to get them from it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Best option I have found is to order direct from the US as there are tons of parts available over there.

For the fuel pump get a Walbro in-tank 255l/hr unit, they will flow enough for 600hp. Holley blue pumps are for carby engines not EFI. You can also look at the Bosch in-tank pumps but they are more expensive and no better IMO than the Walbro units.

42lb injectors are probably a good choice, you can even go lower to 36lb as they will both support more power than the block can really. Again the US is the best to source from IMO.

Have you sorted out how you will be tuning the engine as most aftermarket systems don't use a MAF sensor. If you still need a MAF, the 90mm LMAFs are a good option, better accuracy and far cheaper than the aftermarket units. As for the throttle body I would stick with a 70mm unit which, that will flow more than enough and will maintain throttle response.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Agree 100% with EDXR8. I just posted an almost identical response to your post in the ECU Forum before reading this.

I am going the same way for my blower setup.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Speak to Joe @ Crescent Motorsports (02)96006229. He's doing full sets of Matched Ford Motorsport injectors for VERY good $$.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks guys, i will speak to Joe and Cresent Motorsports about some injectors perhaps.

EDXR8, sorry mate but i just wouldn't have the first idea of where to start looking in the states for those sort of parts.

Also, is there anyone on this site that is still selling the Wlabro in tank pumps or is there somewhere specific to get them from.

Thanks again.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
EDXR8, sorry mate but i just wouldn't have the first idea of where to start looking in the states for those sort of parts.

Some decent stores I ahve delt with in the US are http://mustang.c-f-m.com/ they have 42lb FMS injectors for $300US plus the other stuff like throttle bodies. A small box will cost around $40US and will take maybe a set of injectors and another 1 or 2 small things while a larger box will be $60-80 and should be large enough to take the injectors, TB, fuel pump etc.

I have also delt with www.jegs.com and they are great too. Also worth trying www.summitracing.com, they have nearly everything but are a bit more expensive and charge an extra fee for foreign orders, but if you are after anything for the 5L they will have it.

I have found that most orders from the US arrive in around 7-10days which is often even faster than sourcing the parts within Australia. Remember that once the order goes above $250AU you have to pay the 10% GST and a small import duty but usually they still work out far cheaper.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR6 Turbo, XR8, Transit

VIC, Australia

try ebay.

i bought my MAF, injectors and fuel pressure reg on there, for a fraction of the price you would pay in Aus.

1993 ED XR8 - Poly Green
2006 BF GT - Silhouette Black
2011 FG XR6 Ute - Nitro Blue

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks everyone,

I'm gonna get some prices from getting everything from Australia and compare it to the prices i can get in the States.

Cheers Dave

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:48 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR8

SA, Australia

Hey all,
I'm buying a MAF off of ebay from the US, and when i asked about postage the guy said about 150US dollars, anybody got any suggestions of where i can tell this guy to get postage through?

Cheers
Simon

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

My packages from the US usually come through UPS. They should charge $20-40US for a MAF.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

SiKEDXR8 wrote:
Hey all,
I'm buying a MAF off of ebay from the US, and when i asked about postage the guy said about 150US dollars, anybody got any suggestions of where i can tell this guy to get postage through?

Cheers
Simon

I have used http://www.shopthestates.com a few times with success. They give you a US Postal address for your initial purchase, then when they receive it, they will send it on to Australia or you can have it packaged up with other items before shipping.

Typical rates are $US35 to ship USPS Air Express (5-6 days), plus $5 for their service. All the info is on there website.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I get my brother to send them to me..He lives in Chicago...No charge on gifts or second hand parts so far... Yep injectors / maf by post should be around $48 air freight...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia 5.0L

QLD, Australia

I used these guys for a few parts...
http://www.jdsperformance.com/

ED Fairmont Ghia.
306ci, Pro-m 80 MAF & #42inj, Kirban AFPR, Walbro 255LPH intank & inline, BBK 70mm, Ported Edelbrock #60399, Ported Explorer, Crane 2031 & YT1.72, MSD 6AL, paciemaker tri-y, 2.5" cats into single 3". H/D stall. 3.45 lsd, Powerdyne XB1A.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]