Fordmods Logo

throttle body 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: throttle body
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: baxr8

NSW, Australia

hi all i have question i bought a larger thottle boy for my el xr8 it came with a single tps as elxr8 use a double tps i had to use old one also it has no place for the accelerator bracket on the throttle body so i had make up bracket fix it the rocker cover but now i cant get it to idle proper . my question is
do i have use new tps and is the orginal bracket for any real purpose
also fitted 22lb new injectors,new set headers & free flowing cats makes a big difference now looking at improvement on motor side set gt40 heads

here few pics of it
gee this getting worse i have 2 tps as mine was a auto but got it converted to manual so do i need both now

Attachments:
DSC00752.JPG
DSC00752.JPG [ 34.49 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]
DSC00751.JPG
DSC00751.JPG [ 30.24 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00750.JPG [ 34.53 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]
44e1_1.jpg
44e1_1.jpg [ 20.35 KiB | Viewed 167 times ]

Last edited by fordie on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: throttle body
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

fordie wrote:
hi all i have question i bought a larger thottle boy for my el xr8 it came with a single tps as elxr8 use a double tps i had to use old one also it has no place for the accelerator bracket on the throttle body so i had make up bracket fix it the rocker cover but now i cant get it to idle proper .

There is a possibility that the TPS voltage is not correctly set which would can upset the idle / RPM. It should be aprox 0.98v.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Ok, the throttle position sensor if you car is auto will require both sensors, manuals only use one. If Auto, you need to get them both set to about .9V for auto, and as Vic said, .98V for a manual.
You can just drill the other end of the throttle bracked, and fit a Holley Ball to make throttle cable work like factory.
As for swapping injectors, your MAF and ECU dont know they are there, and will compensate for them, causing a lean condition. Pull you r pllugs and have a look.

In my opinion, what you have done is a good upgrade, but pointless on what you have to date.
The main restriction in perf on the early 5.0 is the inlet, followed by the heads, and factory exhaust.

These are what you should be changing first, because what you have done is akin to putting a bigger mouth on your head, its not going to make you breathe any better......

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

What did you do with your transmission module? Did you swap your ECU to a manual one?

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Post subject: ecu
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:27 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

yes i lucky enough to buy used elxr8 manual ecu u can use the auto ecu but both themo fans stay on and it revs highter

Post subject: Re: ecu
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:50 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

fordie wrote:
yes i lucky enough to buy used elxr8 manual ecu u can use the auto ecu but both themo fans stay on and it revs highter

You need to connect EEC pin 64(NDS or Neutral Drive Switch) correctly for your manual trans EEC to work correctly. Your wiring will still be set up to connect to the TR(transmission range switch) switch on your auto. You need to connect to the trans switch on your manual gearbox to pin 64. It will need to be grounded in neutral and open circuit when in gear.
This is the reason your fans stay on and the idle stays high....the EEC thinks the car is in neutral all the time.

Post subject: holley ball
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

what is a holley ball if u talking about where the cable attacts to throttle body thats ok iam ment the bracket that come off the old body to hold the cables

Post subject: ecu
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

thats was done when i got gear box changed but now i have a manual ecu everyhing ok apart from throttle position sensor s having 2 for auto which i didnt relise i only need 1 for manual iam tracking the auto one to disconect
lucky i have a bike to ride too lol

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]