TPS Plug? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: TPS Plug?
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Burning a manual chip is the easiest thing to do. Just make sure you have the right transmission constant for your gearbox depending on how many gears you have. Then you can remove the TCM altogether.

If you're removing all the plugs you don't need, it may be a good idea to keep the EGR plug there (I am not sure if you are intending to keep stock emissions) as you can use that plug to plug in and read a wideband.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah we could burn a manual chip and plug that into the ECU, but then that leaves no-where for the switch chip or TwEECer to plug in.

TCM hs already been removed.
EGR and spare TPS plug have been cut out of the harness.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Jeff, I've been running a Falcon auto EEV-IV ECU in my 4runner with a 5 speed manual for 9 years and never had any issues so you should be fine. Auto ECU's in manuals are better as they have more timing :D

You will need a retune so a switch chip or tweecer can bypass anything not required.

I've just had a switch chip installed in mine as it's now a 347 with bigger injectors, TB amd MAF etc and tuned by Simon at Extreme Ford Tuning, but I again used an auto ECU, ie Mustang A9P.

They tell me it needs a better exhaust so when that's done separate tunes will be added to the switch chip etc.

PS: I have a Mustang A9L manual ecu fitted with a tweecer if you're interested :D

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

ozrunner wrote:
Jeff, I've been running a Falcon auto EEV-IV ECU in my 4runner with a 5 speed manual for 9 years and never had any issues so you should be fine. Auto ECU's in manuals are better as they have more timing :D

You will need a retune so a switch chip or tweecer can bypass anything not required.

I've just had a switch chip installed in mine as it's now a 347 with bigger injectors, TB amd MAF etc and tuned by Simon at Extreme Ford Tuning, but I again used an auto ECU, ie Mustang A9P.

They tell me it needs a better exhaust so when that's done separate tunes will be added to the switch chip etc.

PS: I have a Mustang A9L manual ecu fitted with a tweecer if you're interested :D

If you had a automatic EB or ED V8 falcon and then slotted in a manual with NO ECU mods, then you will know what torque truncation is. But yes you are correct, there is nothing that a switch chip cannot fix here.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

ozrunner wrote:

Hows it goin, how does the tune run and any issues with it?
Just after some tuner feedback :D

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Milo
Because of my custom injection setup along with larger 80mm TB, 36lb injectors and 90mm maf I actually thought it might cause a few headaches to get it right but no problems Simon even got it running great just with a "starting point" tune he uploaded into the ECU and he then refined it on the dyno.

Runs great and no issues but I will be having it retuned once I have the larger exhaust system fitted plus have him input 3 additional separate tunes in the switch chip, ie, L/100 cruising, 4wd use and a full noise tune :D

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Thanks JD.

Sounds like the switch chip could be the go.
I think my mate has already touched bases with Simon, i guess we'll just have to both go in now and have a proper chat.

How do you findthe switch chip? Happy with the tune and its capabilities?

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

ozrunner wrote:
Milo
Because of my custom injection setup along with larger 80mm TB, 36lb injectors and 90mm maf I actually thought it might cause a few headaches to get it right but no problems Simon even got it running great just with a "starting point" tune he uploaded into the ECU and he then refined it on the dyno.

Runs great and no issues but I will be having it retuned once I have the larger exhaust system fitted plus have him input 3 additional separate tunes in the switch chip, ie, L/100 cruising, 4wd use and a full noise tune :D

Thanks ozrunner, good stuff.
Sounds like simon nailed it. :D
Awesome to hear someone totally happy with their tune and tuner 8-)

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
.....................How do you find the switch chip? Happy with the tune and its capabilities?

Couldn't be happier as it was a simple excercise and she runs great and Simon knows his sh*t.

As far as it's capabilities goes I would guess it can basically tune any configuration but Simon will know for sure. As you know my setup is not the norm but it only took a few minutes on the dyno and he had it purring.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

That motor looks awesome, reckon it would look better in my eb :D
Very tidy.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Good to hear JD.
Engine bay is looking sweet mate.

STREETBUILT RACING

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2