Fordmods Logo

v8 conversion help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: v8 conversion help
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Hey guys, im building a burnout car for the speedway. Its an XDsedan with a 4speed box and a normal 250crossflow XD engine. I have a windsor 302 but the one thing that always confuses me is wat to do about the gearboxes... Can any gearbox go with these engines? or do i need like an adaptor which makes gearboxes compatible with different engines? whats the go... thanks guys much appreciated...

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

What gearbox are you planning to put behind it?
If you tell us that then we may be able to help.
The 4 speed will go behind the V8, you just need a bell housing, and also a spacer plate for the V8 starter for a manual.
To fit the V8 you just have to change the engine mount plates on the front cross member.

Also, a burnout car for the speedway... WTF?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i was hoping to leave the 4speed manual in it if i could? and yes a burnout car for the speedway lol. In our city we have a special time amidst the racing for cars to go out and do burnouts and we win money etc. i took my mates ute with the 351clevo in it on there and won myself 1000dollars so after that i was hooked lol.

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:01 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

I used to live in Geraldton and the burnout comps and demo derbys were the best part of the speedway :D

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yer its quite a show and bloody hell does the demo derby go off or wat lol.im taking a car in next easter...

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:50 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

once a year here in bunno we have a 5000 first prize burnout comp at the speedway

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

awesome do u rekon u could tell me wen that is and i might make a special trip dwn there...i have a few tricks up my sleeve that makes the crowd go wild...it includes fire ;)

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

i'll find out for ya mate if i dont get back to ya soonish pm me coz i will have forgotten lol. hmmm just remembered my bros mate has a key to the speedway, said we can go out and use the burnout pad whenever we want :D. which is good coz i need to learn how to do burnouts.

last time i tried i blew up my lsd :( how do u do em with ur 4spd and 250 x-flow kapul ?

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I rev da s**t out of it and then slowly work the clutch out keeping revs at the same sound. i have a break switch which only keeps the front breaks on as well... it is kind of hard to do it but with the extractors and new exhaust it became alot easier! U shld c my ED tho ;) nothing can help that thing...all it ever does even wen im drivin nicely is spin those back babies lol

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:51 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

my car has no problem roastin fresh 245's for my bro lol but when i try i blow the diff.. :(

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

bad luck... lol

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]