Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

got a 351C on straight gas. its good.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

iv got a 351C on gas too, runs very well, just dont run out of gas lol

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

Very happy with my 351 Clevo on straight gas too !! :)

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

351, ported 2v's, edelbrock performer, genies, twin throttle GRA, twin B2's, K&N filters, C10, 3500rpm stall, 3.5:1 9 inch.

The trick to getting it running really well was mostly in the dizzy graph. I still think there is more power to be had there. Also i think an open plenum manifold like a Wiend xcellerator may pick up some HP but i doubt i will bother. It would still have to be around the 300 mark as it is.

Biggest problem i have is filling up every 200 and a bit kays. I need to dyno it and check the mixtures as it may be a tad rich.

(this photo was taken while the rocker covers were off)

Attachments:
may-07 032.jpg
may-07 032.jpg [ 929.95 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

aaron_hogan wrote:
351, ported 2v's, edelbrock performer, genies, twin throttle GRA, twin B2's, K&N filters, C10, 3500rpm stall, 3.5:1 9 inch.

The trick to getting it running really well was mostly in the dizzy graph. I still think there is more power to be had there. Also i think an open plenum manifold like a Wiend xcellerator may pick up some HP but i doubt i will bother. It would still have to be around the 300 mark as it is.

Biggest problem i have is filling up every 200 and a bit kays. I need to dyno it and check the mixtures as it may be a tad rich.

(this photo was taken while the rocker covers were off)

You say you have to fill up every 200km, how many litres is your tank (like 100l water=80l usable)???and how much do you use out of the tank before you refil it? what sort of driving do you do?? im asking because i have a 351 n gas annd its got a 101L tank (80l usable) so im just seeing whether others use more out of the tank then what i am. cheers

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

I get 200 k's out of my 351, and I have a small 60l tank

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Samsy wrote:
I get 200 k's out of my 351, and I have a small 60l tank

i could probably do about that,mayb a little better, like i said mines has a usable tank of 80L, but the guy i bought it recons to refill wen the gauge goes low(which is only 40L), and for 40L of city driving i get around 130km or so, but i think im just guna start using more of the tank because by all rights it has double the usable capacity

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I used to get 380km out of 72ltrs (A90 which is 89L WC) using Garetson 14" mixer (like a Smartgas setup but much bigger) and can not remember converter, it was a crap system.

351C in a XF Ghia wagon, C4 auto stock stall and 2.77

380km using 4V valves in 302C heads (mild port clean up and major combustion chamber relief) and same for stock 351 2V heads, TQ20 cam (advanced 4%), Edlerbrock Performer (Unsure model, it wasn't the common version), Holley 650 spreadbore used for throttle body: bowls, choke (blended smooth), booster venturis removed etc and mechanical Accel electronic dissy.

Same setup but tried standard cam, 280km 72ltrs and less than a 1km warning to it stopped. :shock: Not good when you are straight gas.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
I used to get 380km out of 72ltrs (A90 which is 89L WC) using Garetson 14" mixer (like a Smartgas setup but much bigger) and can not remember converter, it was a crap system.

351C in a XF Ghia wagon, C4 auto stock stall and 2.77

380km using 4V valves in 302C heads (mild port clean up and major combustion chamber relief) and same for stock 351 2V heads, TQ20 cam (advanced 4%), Edlerbrock Performer (Unsure model, it wasn't the common version), Holley 650 spreadbore used for throttle body: bowls, choke (blended smooth), booster venturis removed etc and mechanical Accel electronic dissy.

Same setup but tried standard cam, 280km 72ltrs and less than a 1km warning to it stopped. :shock: Not good when you are straight gas.

so you had no trouble using 72ltrs out of your tank when it has a capacity of 89L water? like i said mines 101L so i should be able to use like 80L without trouble ay? like u said i just dun wana run out when its on straight gas, lol

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

andrich wrote:
iv got a 351C on gas too, runs very well, just don't run out of gas lol

Yeah, I'd agree with the don't run out of gas bit :) I've got a 32' Bedford Bus motorhome with a 460 running straight gas. Put a new mixer on it without realising it had the mixture adjusted extremely rich. Was running great (due to all the extra fuel), and I thought the new mixer had made all the difference.

When it came time for the first fuel stop, the gas pump cut out at around the right amount for the fuel consumption I'd always got, so I figured it was full (no guages on three of my four tanks). A few hundred kms up the road, and it ran out, meant a night spent in a truck parking bay and then a tow behind a mate's semi the next morning (lucky he showed up).

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Cougar_ wrote:
andrich wrote:
iv got a 351C on gas too, runs very well, just don't run out of gas lol

Yeah, I'd agree with the don't run out of gas bit :) I've got a 32' Bedford Bus motorhome with a 460 running straight gas. Put a new mixer on it without realising it had the mixture adjusted extremely rich. Was running great (due to all the extra fuel), and I thought the new mixer had made all the difference.

When it came time for the first fuel stop, the gas pump cut out at around the right amount for the fuel consumption I'd always got, so I figured it was full (no guages on three of my four tanks). A few hundred kms up the road, and it ran out, meant a night spent in a truck parking bay and then a tow behind a mate's semi the next morning (lucky he showed up).

lol thats what i was worried abit. I bought my ute from melbourne and had to drive it up. I had to make sure i filled up pretty often, cause i didnt know what towns had gas and if it would get there, cause i think the guy tolds us it does better mileage then it does, lol so i just make sure i fill up often, but like iv been saying i wana get more out of my tank which i think i could easily, will i have any trouble pulling the rest out of my tank as it gets low? in terms of pumping it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]