Fordmods Logo

what are good mods for ed v8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: what are good mods for ed v8
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hello fellow moders. i was wondering what the best set of extraxctors where for my ed v8. the cars standard :( and needs some picking up. dont get me wrong the cars in great condition just wanna get some more berries out of her. if not extractors whats a way of boosting power on a budget. lets say a grand. all your replies would be apreciated

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

From what I've been told, Difilippo are the best extractors, designed by herrod motorsport. I assume they make them for all v8 models too hopefully :)

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanx for that MilleniumFalcon. Ive heard of the di fillipo's. Ive done some reading on here ( the forums) and found mixed views on the pace maker and hm headers. any one got any of these on a v8 and what do they think of them ? worth the money. also read that the ef v8 headers are a good option to go to. is there any truth in what ive heard or not ? thanx peoples

Post subject: performance chips for falcons
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

oh and another thing, ive been looking on ebay lately, and ive come across and mod for most cars. they say its only $20 and tells ur computer that the out side air temp is cold. they say that cars run better in the cooler air and by tellin the comp its cold you get more horse's ? i dunno sounds a lil too good to be true but for 20 bucks i cant see it bein much of a waste of time. any one got one or heard of this ?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Yes it is too good to be true. It will make your car think it is cold all the time, so it runs in enrichment mode to warm the engine up safely, giving you less power and using more fuel. Don't buy one.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

I've got defillipos on mine and it sounds mint. They are a bit big for the car as it is now, therefore losing a bit of torque from what I've been told, but they'll suit when I get the blower on...

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

sounds sweet. is there anything other than extractors for more power? ive herd that the heads are not the best. i know that the car has an aftermarket steering set up on it camber adjust and stuff like that ( didnt know when i got it found out when got new tires last year) i use the car a bit for towin so i guess gettin more torque out of it would be best. but bit more pic up would be better ;):P i found that the pods didnt seem to be good down low good note but seemed gutless down stairs maybe to bigger one i put on ? any suggestions ? thanx for your help guys, never relised that forums would be so helpful with replys. been a reader on here for a while but never posted. gettin used to the whole thing

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:21 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Sorry to hijack, Scaffy where did you get your exhaust done, and roughly how much did it cost ya fitted? :)

melb_guitarist new exhaust and better intake will help for starters in your lower end. From then on it depends how serious you are about modding it as things only get more and more expensive obviously :roll:

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Sorry to hijack, Scaffy where did you get your exhaust done, and roughly how much did it cost ya fitted? :)

melb_guitarist new exhaust and better intake will help for starters in your lower end. From then on it depends how serious you are about modding it as things only get more and more expensive obviously :roll:

I had the guys at BPT do the DF headers and cats... I think it was roughly 2 grand for the lot fitted. I had the 3" cat back system done a while back and that was nearly a grand I think. I don't remember exact figures but I know I could have gone a lot cheaper with other brands, but I get easily swayed and have a penchant for quality.

melb_guitarist, if you have a budget of a grand for the exhaust, I'd recommend having a read through the threads and take note of everyone's sigs to see what exhaust they have. Hit everyone up who has different exhausts and ask for a rough price and what kind of a difference they think it has made. This way you'll get a bit of an idea of what kind of price you're going to be looking at and the difference it'll make to your car...

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:15 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Free stuff;
Bump your base timing to around 32-33 degrees and use premium fuel.
Elongate the holes in your TPS and adjust it to 0.98volts at idle.
Throw away the stupid hot plate on top of the engine.

Good value stuff;
3 piece Underdrive pulleys from BPT
Cold air kit(or make your own)
Pacemaker 1 5/8" headers(DF headers are too big for mild engines)
65mm t-body
AU 70mm MAF(use your hotwire)
Multiple spark ignition(Crane Hi-6, MSD Digital6) with quality leads and good plugs.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

Melb_Guitarist,

Don't go anywhere near the ebay s**t, its just a pissy lil electronic wire adjustment, not worth the postage it's sent in. Had a guy from where I went to uni brag 'bout how fast his car was going to go...

believe it or not, the only thing that went fast was the fuel from the tank.. ran as rich as!

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]