Fordmods Logo

What does my computer tell ford about me and my driving? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:53 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

NSW, Australia

scotts840 wrote:
regardless of how hard you thrash the car they can't void the warranty because you are driving within the designed limits of the vehicle.
so in this case, the rev limiter and speed limiter are actually working to your advantage by not allowing you to exceed factory specs.
if they try and get out of the warranty work, jump up and down, scream, yell, threaten to go to ford head office in melbourne, basically do whatever it takes cos you're in the right.
they don't have gps so they can't prove you didn't go to NT which means the excessive speed claims are void.

yeh but its hard to get to NT and back in 1 week from purchasing it with like 1000km more on the clock!

All resolved tho! Ford did a fantastic job doing all the work with no complaints all under warranty. Didnt even mention abs light

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

went to the drags or a racetrack?

or is that illegal under warrenty

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:05 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU-XR8

NSW, Australia

Gaz wrote:
went to the drags or a racetrack?

or is that illegal under warrenty

Im not sure, I know of a guy who went to I think it was Oran park or similar to have a track day and Ford denieed his warranty because of "race use" even tho they advice all spirited driving be done on a track and the FPV's were sold with a driving course on a race track weren't they?

She'd be a lot more modded if I didn't have to keep wasting cash on repairs.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I definitely wouldn't tell anyone you had been on a race track if your car was still under warranty, not worth the hassle.

I know of a AU XR8 ute that was fitted with a supercharger and blew up the engine while drag racing at Gunnedah Airport, it was Gunnedah's week of speed, it was film and plenty of spectators. All the owner did was remove the supercharger and took it back to the Ford dealer (I have no idea where it was) and they fixed it, but I am pretty sure he knew the service department etc.

Best idea is to get to know your local service department really well, it helps, we covered a fair few abuse claims only because we knew the abusive car owners, best one I saw was a S15 Nissan Pulsar, rubber stuck under the guards, bald shredded tyres, big gapping hole where a differential case should be, it was the service managers sons friends car, so it was claimed as warranty.
We had many others too, like warranty work on a EFII XR8, gearbox and clutch problems before the 1500km free service, in less than 1500kms the rear tyres were bald, he and his family bought cars new from the dealership so the tyres etc were over looked.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2