Fordmods Logo

what the F**k is this? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Take to a workshop and tell em to run the suite of tests.... the more pernient one i imagine would be a pressure test. Also test for exhaust gasses in the coolant.

Also - pull the spark plugs out... see if any of them look sparkling clean compared to others...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef fairmont V8

VIC, Australia

got it booked into the shop on monday so ill get the dude to do a pressure test amongst others... i was contemplating changing the heads while hes doing it only if i need to though... may as well pay more noe and some better performance than s**t ones that die in the a** in a year, let you guys know what the go is on monday. cheers

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
I had a similar problem when my lower manifold gasket was no good. Water from the water jackets went into the ports which caused it to come out of the exhaust.

I think my head gasket is on the way out too but i'm making use of the heads of and replacing them with GT40P's which is definately worth it if you can afford it or stretch the budget.

The Fel Pro gaskets come in a kit which will be a couple of hundred dollars

i looked at some of the Fel Pro kits online and they aint too expensive... under the $100 mark, what kit do i need so that they will fit my EF? and also mate how much are the GT40P's cost (on average)? thanks mate

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Fel Pro 1250.

GT40P's on average can go for $800 - $1000 in second hand condition. Sometimes less if you hunt around for bargains.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Fel Pro 1250 is just the manifold isn't it, doesn't include the head gasket does it? Also need timing case gasket, water pump gasket and rocker cover gasket

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

thanks mate! cheers

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: FPV - GTP

WA, Australia

Be carefull when getting the heads checked, Had the same problem with a 5.0l in an EB that I had.
Reconditioned heads and same problem still there, ended up being a hole in timing cover where the water pump impellor had been cavitating, well worth pulling the water pump out and having a look.
It is normal for an unleaded car to blow a little bit of condensation out the exhaust.

2003 MK1 GTP - Auto
12.90 @111mph

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

what is the oil on the dip stick like? a sample from the oil filler cap is not always reliable as condensation build up also give the cap a milky look. Get your mech to do a BLOCK test on it. if you are not familiar with this test its a device that sucks gases out of the cooling system through a blue liquid, if the liquid turns yellow there are exaust gases present which means blown head gasket between water gallery and cylinder, or blown inlet manifold gasket as mentioned. If the lquid stays blue and you definately have water in your oil its most likely corroded Front timming cover near the water pump or head gasket from oil gallery to water.

Pround memeber Team DYNAMIC WHITE

"NFURI8" Fairlane ghia nf2 v8.
Pacemaker p4000
El gt snorkle, K&N filter.
JVC and INFINITY audio system.
EL GT Shadow Chrome alloys

AU3 Falcon Dedicated Gas

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Neal-50 wrote:
what is the oil on the dip stick like? a sample from the oil filler cap is not always reliable as condensation build up also give the cap a milky look. Get your mech to do a BLOCK test on it. if you are not familiar with this test its a device that sucks gases out of the cooling system through a blue liquid, if the liquid turns yellow there are exaust gases present which means blown head gasket between water gallery and cylinder, or blown inlet manifold gasket as mentioned. If the lquid stays blue and you definately have water in your oil its most likely corroded Front timming cover near the water pump or head gasket from oil gallery to water.

thanks mate ill get the mech to do that test, im hoping im just over reacting for nothing, but we will soon find out. thanks mate. BTW the oil from the dipstick is a medium brown... im fairly uneducated on automobiles(lol) so i dont know how black the oil should be. dont tease me too much lol.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Neal-50 wrote:

thanks mate ill get the mech to do that test, im hoping im just over reacting for nothing, but we will soon find out. thanks mate. BTW the oil from the dipstick is a medium brown... im fairly uneducated on automobiles(lol) so i dont know how black the oil should be. dont tease me too much lol.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2