Fordmods Logo

What would these be worth Pro Topline/RHS heads. 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Well the intake is brand new so CHI might actually swap it for a 9.5" deck version. I want $5000 for the entire engine including another std. bore cleveland.

At another time I would jump at this, at this time I am only still stocking up, I have a 69 302W and 351W which need heads, the 302W is basically ready to go but I wouldn't bother running those heads on it with its current short block setup, if only I had snapped up the Pro Topline 180's I could have got last year for a good price, I had actually paid for them and they had run out of stock, their system still had one set showing.

I was going to look for a set of GT40P's for that engine, but unless they are basically giving them away I am not going to bother, I reckon I can find a set of alloys in the states eventually for the right price with smaller ports.

The 351W needs a rebuild, I will probably just find a stroker kit for it, they are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Its approx $200 USPS for 50 Lb and under $1k there's NO duty or tax.. If there was I'd have customs at my door !!!

Its $200 to send a 48 Lb S475 Borg Warner turbo..
About the same weight..
I bought a Powerglide off summit and freight was $500 through a guy who exports Valiants there..
No duty or tax either..Under $1k uncluding freight..
Btw AFR heads would be opprox $1k more expensive than RHS heads..
Check corral.net .. They are always selling heads on there.. Wait a week or so .. Then discount ..

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Its approx $200 USPS for 50 Lb and under $1k there's NO duty or tax.. If there was I'd have customs at my door !!!

Its $200 to send a 48 Lb S475 Borg Warner turbo..
About the same weight..
I bought a Powerglide off summit and freight was $500 through a guy who exports Valiants there..
No duty or tax either..Under $1k uncluding freight..
Btw AFR heads would be opprox $1k more expensive than RHS heads..
Check corral.net .. They are always selling heads on there.. Wait a week or so .. Then discount ..

48lb is about 22kg, these heads weigh approx 70lb (including packaging) which is about 32kg, which is realistic for two alloy heads fitted with valves and springs etc, a pair of iron heads would weigh around 50kg or am I right off the mark.

I was going to get heads imported here once before using an importer, but it would have taken anything from 3 to 12 weeks for $100 Aust, but required me to send them to California for about $70US, I am using Bax Global Freight, the company has setup $225US for door to airport, USPS quoted $609.00 due to size and weight..

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Try to double up with some one bringing in container.. I bought in Powerglide for $500 plus $48 freight from Vic to door..
You'll get pinched another $600 duty and GST if you bring them in ONE package as total cost plus packaging is over $1k..Send each item to different address's halves there value for customs ...Is one way around it...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Last edited by EBXR8380 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

How bout some brand new in box 40Y's for $1450?

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Long story:

Purchased heads from Livernois motorsports, got stung big time because company used a freight forwarder (they hadn't dealt with them before), had heads sent to LW Parry Engineering at Arncliffe, which is where "Macxr8" (Shane) works, they had them flow tested with poor results and found the heads were damaged.

Head damage was in transit somewhere, head surface and bent valves as if something was dropped on them while the heads were facing each other. Advised Livernois showing photos and Shane also emailed them about the problems, got excellent service, Livernois advised me that they would flow another set of heads and send them out straight away.

They did however make the mistake of sending them again via BAX which is SCHENKER here, which has been an expensive exercise for me now and I was billed again for customs clearance and other crap.

Anyway this is the results of the second set of heads, what is everyone's opinion of the results.

Attachments:
File comment: Pro Topline 180cc heads CNC ported to 210cc by Livernois Motorsports.
Pro Topline-Livernois 210cc LWP tested 2nd set of heads_small.jpg
Pro Topline-Livernois 210cc LWP tested 2nd set of heads_small.jpg [ 245.15 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: au2 xr8

WA, Australia

AFR 205cc flow more on the intake and heaps more on the exhaust, straight out of the box. $1840 US complete including studs and guideplates .

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
AFR 205cc flow more on the intake and heaps more on the exhaust, straight out of the box. $1840 US complete including studs and guideplates .

These heads were worth $1000US, it was the conversion and the other s**t I had to go through that pumped up the price. $1000AUD difference, I already had guide plates and studs :lol:

I don't know where you got your results from, must be different to advertised if you are talking about these heads at Summit?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... &N=700+220
http://static.summitracing.com/global/i ... 0chart.pdf

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:

Thanks for this reply, I wouldnt have researched about AFR's again, this has made my month of customs s**t worth it :P

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Macca wrote:
tones au2 xr8 wrote:

These heads were worth $1000US, it was the conversion and the other s**t I had to go through that pumped up the price. $1000AUD difference, I already had guide plates and studs :lol:

I don't know where you got your results from, must be different to advertised if you are talking about these heads at Summit?

Last edited by tones au2 xr8 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
Macca wrote:
tones au2 xr8 wrote:

r u suposed to take ur head readings from the corrected flow range, if so those heads of yours flow major, doesnt sound right,, they would b too big for 540 lift cam, and u would probly need more cubes aswell.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

:lol: If I put them on a 302w it would have been a pig no matter what I did.

I actually have no intentions of putting them on my 302W, I need smaller port head for it, the intentions was to put them on a stroked 351w.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Macca wrote:
:lol: If I put them on a 302w it would have been a pig no matter what I did.

I actually have no intentions of putting them on my 302W, I need smaller port head for it, the intentions was to put them on a stroked 351w.

yeah i know

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have to ask a few question about the flow test, one is what size bore it was tested on, AFR's are tested on 4.125, I hope that the test was not done on that bore size, that would make a huge difference to the results, and how many people would remember to realise this when ordering heads for a stock bore size block.

This is only a guess, AFR's would have to suffer a fair bit with flow results if used on 4.030 bores, non cantered 2.080 intake valve would have to have some shrouding issues.

If someone has free access to a flow bench around Sydney and other brands of heads available on the day, I am willing to send my set of heads for a test, I am surprised that the results in comparison to AFR 205cc as well, and will be happy to have to update my post stating the AFR's are some much better and worth the extra $1000.

Also it would be nice to see realistic results of 4.030 (common rebore size) vs 4.125 bore size test, in percentage wise it is unrealistic to show results for 4.125 considering how many people have after market blocks.

I would love to see a set of results done so we can host them at Fordmods, including companies one off port jobs.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

RHS's flow figures from their own site are conducted on a 4.200" bore... I've always been a little dubious about their advertised figures. That isn't to say that they aren't a good head, they are and I wouldn't have any issue using them.

Remember AFR needs a 2.08" valve to make their flow numbers, TFS's 205cc head outflows & outperforms the AFR using a 2.02" intake.

TE50 T1 P01

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next