Fordmods Logo

whats the differecne betwe 170kw EL engine and 220kw AU V8?? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

spaz ef wrote:
just depend on what you can get done for what price i shop around alot for anythng i buy and my grandads a machanic so he puts most off it together for me and i do whats left over .. but machining is all ways a little expensive...

mechanic..... m e c h a n i c...mEchanic........

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

If you have a good source of excellent 2nd hand alloy heads for a 302W please let me know...

Your biggest problem with an efi car (especially one keeping the factory ecu) is idle/part throttle drivability.

MADXR8, to answer your Q's, figure on a budget exceeding what your car cost... by roughly 6-8K.

250rwkw is achievable, but you won't have many factory components left apart from the block.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

lol sorry mate its not edless suply i got myn super cheap off a mate but they were the only ones ...what exactly are you looking for..?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 EL xr8 Chaser

VIC, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
If you have a good source of excellent 2nd hand alloy heads for a 302W please let me know...

Your biggest problem with an efi car (especially one keeping the factory ecu) is idle/part throttle drivability.

MADXR8, to answer your Q's, figure on a budget exceeding what your car cost... by roughly 6-8K.

250rwkw is achievable, but you won't have many factory components left apart from the block.

hey thanks guys for all the responses!

im in two states of mind about this! lol the blood running through my veins naturally wants more POWER!!! but i think i will leave her fairly standard for now :cry: ....... maybe just go with a new exaust and EL xr body kit! for looks, im having fun with it as is and its my daily driver anyway! i will be driving up to townsville in about 5weeks for work and wont be back in melbourne for 6months so i might jump on some QLD cruises!

thanks again! oh and you dont have to stop chatting about this either! :wink: im taking notes!

My baby is a 97 EL xr8 Chaser

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3