Post subject: Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE KNOCKING PRO COMP
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Looked into sea freight...it actually works out more expensive because they now charge by m3 as well as weight!?! If the parts you have don't fit in a cubic metre they charge for another one!? Pricks!

If I had the time I would search my posts, I posted a number of a bloke in Sydney that was going to charge $100AUS to bring heads here about 2yrs ago, you only had to get the heads to the business in California. I never got into the clearance side of it, this is why I would choose other methods, $600 was over the top for sending heads via BAX/Shankies etc.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Macca wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
Looked into sea freight...it actually works out more expensive because they now charge by m3 as well as weight!?! If the parts you have don't fit in a cubic metre they charge for another one!? Pricks!

If I had the time I would search my posts, I posted a number of a bloke in Sydney that was going to charge $100AUS to bring heads here about 2yrs ago, you only had to get the heads to the business in California. I never got into the clearance side of it, this is why I would choose other methods, $600 was over the top for sending heads via BAX/Shankies etc.

This is all very well but I've been through this stuff before and all of the people who say this s**t are usually full of it. I've been offered such deals when not in the market for anything that friends of mine have used only to cop all sorts of probelms like not actually receiving it through to all these extra costs that were conveniently omitted when it was offered!?!
Through Shenker the price is better than others and I know I'll have it three days and it won't be busted or missing.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:53 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

May as well just buy some procomps :mrgreen:

...sorry :roll: :wink:

'97 V8 EL Ghia Webasto 400 sunroof, Tint, Parnell VSI LPG, UPC 330mm brake upgrade (drilled), Pacemaker twin system, T5 conversion (Billet Products shifter)

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

stoj79, can you get some procomp gear and let us know how you go?

My mechanic built a 355 stroker for one of his customers who bought a "balanced" stroker kit from procomp. I was in and out during the time he was building it and compared a lot of the parts from that kit to a kit of his own that was to be going into his own engine. Casting was terrible on all parts and flimsy to say the least. Because the customer bought this "balanced" kit, he didn't want any balancing done. Mechanic explained that it had to be done cos this wasn't balanced as advertised. Customer insisted that it goes straight in, so mechanic puts it together. When it went into the car, it ran like a pig. It couldn't be tuned properly and the customer then had it removed from car and went back to stock before anything broke - luckily.

If you call Summit to get a shipping quote, they give you about 4 or 5 options. My top end kit was shipped for much less than 600, I'm pretty sure.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD falcon 400 cleveland

SA, Australia

i have never heard any feedback on bigger items such as stroker kits, however i have bought many smaller parts from ebay and i have been disappointed to say the least.

firstly was a set of "polished alloy rocker covers" that were so poorly constructed there were exposed join marks/casting marks on the out side of a chiped and scratched pair of polished rocker covers.

the second and biggest was a 6al ignition kit, which was purchased together, however when i took it to the mechanic to install it couldnt get it to work. funny thing is that the ignition box woul work fine on its own, as would the dizzy, however for whatever reason they wouldnt work together. i was pretty close to this mechanic, so he done a bit extra to try and help me out. he done some searcwith youhin on the net to see if this is a regular problem. and found that another major ignition company (probably msd) actually took procomp to court because there products were so simmilar, and the court had ruled that those particular products affected by this ruling were no longer allowed to be sold, installed, or repaired. as far fetched as this story is, i have no reason not to believe this guy as he gave me back the faulty dizzy, and installed one of his own dizzys for me without charge.

the point im getting at is that if this company cant get accessories right, why trust them with your cars heart???

XD falcon with 400 cleveland (no its not stroked, yes its a real engine, google it!)
NEARLY FINISHED!!!!

FORSALE: 2001 yamaha R1 WANTED: holley 750 dp

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

surely at the cost of these heads 1350 complete would be better than ported gt40's youd think

duno

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:49 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
surely at the cost of these heads 1350 complete would be better than ported gt40's youd think

duno

trouble is it's 1350 completely f**k!
Just ask yourself....Do you want to be penny wise and pound foolish?
btw I should add....I wouldn't use 40p's either...there are much better heads that don't need porting and are made of aluminium that i would use.

Last edited by XR9UTE on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:

duno

Add in the extra $1000 to $1500 in work it will take to get the procomp crap 'right' and yes ported GT40's are better

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD falcon 400 cleveland

SA, Australia

ba ha ha, hows this story for timing.
i got a mate who bought a 355 pro comp stroker kit from ebay a little while ago, any way, i found out the other day that he went to get it balanced, and it was gonna cost him $850 because its that f***ed. so he calls the guy back he bought it off, who denies all responsibility. says if he wants to send it back for a refund its gonna cost him postage, plus the guy is gonna keep 30% of total cost. if ya want any more particular details on problems, let me know and ill give him a call.

XD falcon with 400 cleveland (no its not stroked, yes its a real engine, google it!)
NEARLY FINISHED!!!!

FORSALE: 2001 yamaha R1 WANTED: holley 750 dp

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4