Fordmods Logo

WHY ARE PEOPLE KNOCKING PRO COMP 

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: WHY ARE PEOPLE KNOCKING PRO COMP
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Ive heard plenty of negativity with this brand i understand its some sort ro compy of the edelbrock heads etc but has anyone actually put there heads and stroker kits to use. Im slowly gathering info on building a 347 stroker seen the stroker kits on ebay from them and also there heads. Also looked at eagle and the scat kits from pavtek.

But just want to see valid proof that there no good as everything ive seen to date on there kits dont seem to bad

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Post subject: Re: WHY ARE PEOPLE KNOCKING PRO COMP
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I was looking at stroking my 302 not long ago and I heard from the guy who does all my balancing that the pro comp stuff is really hard to balance and some of it has had to be sent back before. But that is what I heard not a personal experience. I seen those ebay kits too and they are tempting but I always go with you get what you pay for. But if you do go procomp and they are any good let us know cause ill stroke it tomorrow at that price lol

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Yeah, look in the front few pages of "Just Parts" magazine and you'll see a double page Pro Comp add. You can buy a whole bloody engine (long I think) for a few grand. I reckon the go would be to buy the whole lot "as cast" and have the machining all done here.

I wont be doing it, but it might work.

'97 V8 EL Ghia Webasto 400 sunroof, Tint, Parnell VSI LPG, UPC 330mm brake upgrade (drilled), Pacemaker twin system, T5 conversion (Billet Products shifter)

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

GOOD LUCK...
They hide behind the modified engine = No warranty...
They get away with it ..
Selling cheap Chinese copy parts..
Taking $$ away from legit companies..

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Theres a nice thread on ford forums about pro crap i mean pro comp

GUYS SNAP OUT OF IT AS RELIABILTY COSTS MONEY AND IF U DONT HAVE THE MONEY THEN JUST FORGET ABOUT IT AND DONT DO IT.

LIKE THEY ALWAYS SAY, DO IT ONCE AND DO IT PROPERLY

Probe also make kits which are a tad cheaper but still good quality gear

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This is understand but has anyone tried it and then given there honest opinion i mean we cant always judge a book by its cover everyones a skeptic about things but never tried it for themselves thats what im getting at. Id liek to hear the same frmo people that have tried and are still not happy with it

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Log onto ford forums then do a search and if u dont find enough information then buy what u want from procomp and let us know how u go then we can say i told u so.

Im not having a go at u just letting u know people keep asking and its crap gear plain and simple but everyone wants performance for nothing and its not the case.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

I can absolutely understand the desire to build a budget motor ( it's an awesome feeling to do something just as good for less outlay ) but there are some areas of the build which I believe are not worth taking a punt on for the sake of saving money and one of them is the bottom end.
I would contend that if choosing a cheaper kit for crank, rods etc then it may come back to haunt you if a cheaper installed kit fails and you will need to remove and strip down the whole engine just to sort it out and I dare say you will be cursing at the expense of resolving it.
I run Scat & Probe and my stock block would break first - way before the crank, rods etc would fail.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Probe is abit cheaper and still a great product so if u want 2 save a tad go with them and they have different rating hp products to auit all customers.

http://www.probeindustries.com/

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Sorry to hijack thread, where have you guys bought probe gear from? Have only found places that sell their pistons/rods and stroker kits using either scat or eagle cranks with their pistons/rods, not their cranks.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I havent bought there gear but on proe website under dealers, click on Australia and it has Rocket and VPW

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

My Scat & Probe parts were purchased from VPW.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Thanks; amidst work today vpw totally skipped my mind :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Im looking into usign the pavtek stroker kit there sellign them for just under 2 grand.

AFR's in australia are pretty steep gonan try see if i get import them to my door for less than 2400 if possible they stingin 600 for delivery.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next