Fordmods Logo

Windsor- Gas Tuning, LG Gas Convertor and sprint gas mixer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Windsor- Gas Tuning, LG Gas Convertor and sprint gas mixer
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I am just wondering what you guys with gas powered Windsors how found most efficient tune wise..

Is the timing usually retarded or advanced for optimum gas performance/economy???

Also I note in alot of threads relating the the 5.0 alot of people talk about volts....cant remember which sensor they were referring to..

I currently get around 500 k's per 80 litres. All highway K's.

I have also heard to remove the MAF housing ( as I always run the car on gas) as it is restrictive, and the gas system By-passes that sensor anyway when On Gas. I was thinking along the lines of a nice stainless mandrel bent tube from box to mixer ring???

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Post subject: Re: Windsor- Gas Tuning, LG Gas Convertor and sprint gas mi
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
I am just wondering what you guys with gas powered Windsors how found most efficient tune wise..

Is the timing usually retarded or advanced for optimum gas performance/economy???

Also I note in alot of threads relating the the 5.0 alot of people talk about volts....cant remember which sensor they were referring to..

I currently get around 500 k's per 80 litres. All highway K's.

I have also heard to remove the MAF housing ( as I always run the car on gas) as it is restrictive, and the gas system By-passes that sensor anyway when On Gas. I was thinking along the lines of a nice stainless mandrel bent tube from box to mixer ring???

With my setup, I have more compression and more timing because of my cam. With the standard setup, you can take advantage of the higher octane rating of LPG by bumping up your timing ie more advance.

The 'volts' that people are referring to could be the TPS. By getting your TPS to read no more that .98V at idle, you are optimising your throttle response.

I get about 510km for 80 usable litres out of my 302. Thats with a 5 speed manual too. I drive it like I stole it. Love the sound of a modified windsor!

Remove your MAF sensor if you want a dog of a motor. Your EEC will think that there is something wrong and will make your motor run like a dog. Bye bye precious fuel economy.....Your restriction is your MAF and your gas mixer ring. It's silly to remove your MAF because your mixer ring is the more restictive.

The best thing that you can do for your LPG windsor is to get the right plugs, gap them properly, maintain your ignition leads and HEGO or O2 sensors and replace or clean(K&N) your air filter. If your car is running like a pig on petrol, you can almost guarentee that it will run bad on gas. Your system is designed for duel fuel so it doesn't hurt to use petrol to keep your injectors and pump in good order.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

What sort of Gas system are you running on the ED??

Heads, intake, exhaust???
power output??

Also I heard on gas, cars had no need for MAF??

So you are one who agrees like me, that Gas powered Windsor's Just aren't BBQ's on wheels??? :P

I wanna know more tell me about ur particular setup/ flaws resolved etc....

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]