Fordmods Logo

winsors, f100, eb and mustang interchange 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: winsors, f100, eb and mustang interchange
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

could anyone tell me if a 89 f100 5.0 are the same as the 5.0l eb winsors and if so is $300 a good price for a rebuiler. it also comes with 89 mustang bolt on's will i be able to use the mustang bits in my falcon and would thay proform better ?

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

The engine itself most likely the same... differences would be in the EFI system (looms, EEC) and the anciallaries. i.e. alternator etc.

Water pump & timing cover would also be interesting to look at. The E series windsors have the 94-95 mustang style water pump and timing cover - not sure what the f100 will have??

Sorry im not sure but you'd need to look at these things to see if mustang parts need to be replaced with falcon parts :)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
The engine itself most likely the same... differences would be in the EFI system (looms, EEC) and the anciallaries. i.e. alternator etc.

Water pump & timing cover would also be interesting to look at. The E series windsors have the 94-95 mustang style water pump and timing cover - not sure what the f100 will have??

Sorry im not sure but you'd need to look at these things to see if mustang parts need to be replaced with falcon parts :)
no worries thanks :)

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:58 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

'89 F-series has the same block and heads but different cam(flat tappet with old style firing order), harness, fuel rails,water pump, timing cover,accessory brackets,sump/pickup and intake manifold.
What '89 mustang bits does it come with?
You be better off to keep the truck lower and buy a Holley Systemax2 upper for it....this will perform much better than the HO Mustang/Falcon intake.
If you use the roller cam from the car type 5.0L you'll need to get the dog bones and spider from that engine. You'll also need the steel drive gear from the car type 5.0L distributor or just use the whole dizzy from the car engine. Otherwise you'll destroy the roller cam with the cast iron gear from the truck dizzy.
$300 is good for a rebuilder especially if it is the whole engine.

Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]