Fordmods Logo

wots the au III xr8 like? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
I make valid point. At the same price, the commy gen3 ute will blow the pants off it.

thats lovely mate, but can i make a valid point also?

NO ONE GIVES A f**k

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

EB V8 wrote:
Just buy a gen3 commy ute.

Hey that reminds me, has Holden released the new engine underbody driptray for the GEN III yet? They leave an awfully oilly mess on the road without it you know...

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

paulhowes wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
Vic wrote:
Weren't there Pursuit Utes with the 250kw motor in them?

Yeah but they're pretty rare, and expensive i figure, basically a te50 ute

Pursuit 250 just got passed in on ebay, owner was asking 26K I wouldn't call that expensive when you pay 22K for a stocker.

I know of one that is for sale up in Karratha at the moment. Looks to be in mind condition, but they are asking $30k, which is a bit too much for my liking for that sort of thing.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

I know of one that is for sale up in Karratha at the moment. Looks to be in mind condition, but they are asking $30k, which is a bit too much for my liking for that sort of thing.[/quote]

Maybe it is for some but 28 to 32 is the going rate and red book has value at 34 and up. You can buy better value for sure but limited number production runs eventually hold better. I remember having a ford that they only made 1600 of and after 8 years sold it for twice what I paid for it. Ford said they were only making 250 pursuit 250's so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future when half of those are off the road due to write offs etc.
Rather own a classic or something a little different any day otherwise I would buy a commodore ute. (subaru brumby on steroids-no seperate tray)

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

paulhowes wrote:
Kilma wrote:
I know of one that is for sale up in Karratha at the moment. Looks to be in mind condition, but they are asking $30k, which is a bit too much for my liking for that sort of thing.

Maybe it is for some but 28 to 32 is the going rate and red book has value at 34 and up. You can buy better value for sure but limited number production runs eventually hold better. I remember having a ford that they only made 1600 of and after 8 years sold it for twice what I paid for it. Ford said they were only making 250 pursuit 250's so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future when half of those are off the road due to write offs etc.
Rather own a classic or something a little different any day otherwise I would buy a commodore ute. (subaru brumby on steroids-no seperate tray)

Fair enough. I didn't think they were actually worth that much to begin with, but if that is the going rate, good on him. Like i said, that's only my opinion that I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

wasn't the pursuit about 50 or so brand new? the strokers came in at a premium.
and whoever did it, classic edit of ebv8 :p

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:55 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Id bet half of you guys bought the beta video back then as well.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

EB V8, the GEN3 may be a little faster than the Windsor, but at least the Windsor actually SOUNDS like a V8 mate. The GEN3 sounds like a Hoover. Even worse than a V6 Commie...

Oh, and not to mention that the AU is a much much better steer.

By the way, you haven't wacked up a "vs" thread for a while. Where have they gone? I quite enjoy them. :D

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

The only reason oil prices have gone up, is cause EB V8 needs to keep refilling the Piston Slapper of a car he has. The Gen 3's are the only motor around that uses more oil than petrol. Let me guess there's also that sad and sorry excuse for a 4 speed auto behind the thing too. Or if not, its the T56 that Holden can't even refine very well, and feels worse than a 3 Speed manual in an XF.
*Wondering when EB V8 figures out this is a Ford Forum, and most people on here care two tenths of sweet f**k all about Holdens and especially the Oil guzzler Gen 3 s**t.

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
The only reason oil prices have gone up, is cause EB V8 needs to keep refilling the Piston Slapper of a car he has. The Gen 3's are the only motor around that uses more oil than petrol. Let me guess there's also that sad and sorry excuse for a 4 speed auto behind the thing too. Or if not, its the T56 that Holden can't even refine very well, and feels worse than a 3 Speed manual in an XF.
*Wondering when EB V8 figures out this is a Ford Forum, and most people on here care two tenths of sweet f**k all about Holdens and especially the Oil guzzler Gen 3 s**t.

Well said. :lol:

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

here here

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FBT

VIC, Australia

Buy that Pursuit, they are awesome. Tickford embossed leather seats, the 5 spoke TS50 rims and 5.6L stroker capable of 13's, whats not to love??

"12 yards long, two lanes wide, 65 tonnes of american pride" Fairlane

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:16 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:

Dads CV-8(330kw modded) monaro lasted 2 years,absolutely loved it!
Dads AU XR-8 lasted 2.5 months,Absolute peice of c**p according to him, apart from the sound!,
Dads BA territorry lasted 6 months thanks to s**t technology and crappy build quality/idle! (mind u in that time the 4.0l drank just as much as the 330kw munro!!! the turbos should be better though!)
he said many times if they were anything like his EB GT he would have kept them, but felt they were just too plasticy and fake compared to the holdens!!!
Im neither holden or ford but personally i think holden still have the winning edge!!!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I can't really comment on the Territory remarks about build quality, as i know of numerous family friends with them, who absolutely love the things. I will agree they use a fair bit of fuel!!!
The AU's, if series 1 do seem very plastic inside, thats why i went for an EL instead. A little oputdated these days, but still look nice and conservative inside.
The BA's inside a lot less plastic looking anf feeling than any VY/VZ Commodore i've ever seen.
I'm not just being oned eyed, because i have spoken to some Ford nutts, that have had their Boss V8 replaced after 5,000kms. But on the other hand, i have heard of numerous and know some guys with Gen3's who are on their 3rd replacement from Holden, and gearboxes too.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Just be a homosexual and buy a gen3 commonwhore ute.

you said it mate!

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next