Fordmods Logo

wots the au III xr8 like? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: xr8 ute

WA, Australia

ive had my series 2 for almost 2 years has never used a drop of oil unlike the gen 3. only prob was the clutch but that was due to abuse of course. gen 3s pull away in 3rd but first and second they got nothing on me, my manual, stock was good for a 14.8 uses bout 13.5L/100km lacks a bit of torque but its a small engine and easily improved ive done 14 hour drives and never felt tired cause of my leather seats steerings heaps better than my dads turbo feels sharper ba is i bit dull in comparison. its a bit feral too not smooth enuf to be boring always makes me smile everytime i go to work

but be prepared to hear crashing from the rear and only being able to carry one mate at a time but u can fit one in the supercab area the s2and 3 get the hand built motor .the other thing is that i always get called a bogan in it for some reason s**t happens tho

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

ute302 wrote:
ive had my series 2 for almost 2 years has never used a drop of oil unlike the gen 3. only prob was the clutch but that was due to abuse of course. gen 3s pull away in 3rd but first and second they got nothing on me, my manual, stock was good for a 14.8 uses bout 13.5L/100km lacks a bit of torque but its a small engine and easily improved ive done 14 hour drives and never felt tired cause of my leather seats steerings heaps better than my dads turbo feels sharper ba is i bit dull in comparison. its a bit feral too not smooth enuf to be boring always makes me smile everytime i go to work

but be prepared to hear crashing from the rear and only being able to carry one mate at a time but u can fit one in the supercab area the s2and 3 get the hand built motor .the other thing is that i always get called a bogan in it for some reason s**t happens tho

:?

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:33 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
Im neither holden or ford but personally i think holden still have the winning edge!!!

AU vs VT, yes.
BA vs VY, are you kidding me?
BF vs VZ, LS2 is the only saving grace, but it ain't enough against the turbos.

V8 Supercars?
We're winning that s**t too.

What winning edge are you talking about?

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Can someone award this guy a strike, that rude language.

I make valid point. At the same price, the commonwhore gen3 ute will blow you with your pants off.
but you went off topic with the gen 3 comment so how is your point a "Valid piont" when its off topic?? the dude that started this thread asked for info on the ford.. EEERRR.. :lol:

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:
Im neither holden or ford but personally i think holden still have the winning edge!!!

AU vs VT, yes.

V8 Supercars?

Well said.

Don't know about the AU vs VT one though.... for looks yes, but for quality, they are both on par with each other. Both have ordinary build quality. Performance is similar. It's only when Holden started dropping oil guzzling, piston slapping crate motors into the VTII is when the STRAIGHT LINE performance honours went the Commo's way for the V8's........

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
t66_bt1 wrote:

AU vs VT, yes.

V8 Supercars?

Well said.

Don't know about the AU vs VT one though.... for looks yes, but for quality, they are both on par with each other. Both have ordinary build quality. Performance is similar. It's only when Holden started dropping oil guzzling, piston slapping crate motors into the VTII is when the STRAIGHT LINE performance honours went the Commo's way for the V8's........until the oil ran dry, that is :lol:

Post subject: utes
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:26 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Hiace Van

SA, Australia

whe looking to buy your ute look for a Tickford hand built plaque on the drivers side rocker cover, this will indicate that you have a car with the 200+ kw engine, my ute has it but unfortunately is an auto still kicks around abit under full load happy hunting

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

if yer after an AU3 XR8 ute my dads is for sale, immaculate condition

Click me

i agree they are a very nice drive and in my opinion sometimes do feel better on the road than a BA/BF

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

New Zealand

AU vs VT ????
The AU (XR8) wins hands down, I have had the oppertunity to use both (I have an 220 AUII XR8 now) and find the interior and exterior way better then the Holden counterparts.

Many have come.... Few are chosen

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

hsv interior is better than fpv interior hands down imo.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

the HSV interior is better than an FPV WHAT!!! PLANET ARE YOU FROM!!! in my opinion the best interior ever in aford or holden is the au fairmont ghia with black leather trim BEUTIFUL 8-) 8-)

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Can people please read thier post before submitting so that it actually reads in English!

Okay enough s**t slinging. I have an AU 3 XR8 and it is fantastic. Great build quality and awesome to drive. A Gen 3 is going to have more power and torque as it's a bigger engine with longer stroke.

IMO comparing apples to apples AU2/3 Vs VT/VU i think the AU is the better. The AU 1 is crap. Never buy generation 1, series 1 anything!

I sold my BA fairmont to go back to the AU3 xr8 as i was unhappy with:
A: Torque reduction
B: Interior layout (and Monte is better than Falcon for this)
C: Ride/Handling felt too synthetic

I have run an AU2 xls V8 for 6 years and have just sold it. Great vehicle but nothing on a Tickford. Bought an AU3 XLS 6 cyl which comes with the tickford XR engine. Great!

So now there's 2 AU 3 in the Garage and i couldn't be happier with them. Especially at the prices i paid for them.

Am I biased against the Holdens? Hell yes but i will recognise a good car when i see it. One thing the Holdens seem to keep trumping us at (not inc VT s1) is that they keep thier cars lighter. esp thier Sports/performance models..

So going back to the thread question: AU3's are excellant. Better than a BA. Prehaps not better than a BF but definetly great value to make up the differences. That and the Fact that the Windsor is the second highest Aftermarket supported car. Makes the choice easy for me.

AU3 XR8 220 Sedan
AU3 XLS w/Tickford 6

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

New Zealand

Sorted!

Many have come.... Few are chosen

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

be good if i could find 1 under 22 grand, manual of course

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I got mine for $18k! A couple of months back. Some of the best money i have ever spent.

Theres a Supercharged AU1 xr8 in very good nick for $20k odd. Vortec, Rebuilt for charger etc. Looks great.

When i bought my XR there was an AU2 220 (end of series) for same price with TE50 side and back and xr50 front. Leather, Sunroof etc. Liquid Silver. Almost bought it but the one i got was closer Syd Vs Melb and in slightly better nick.

AU3 XR8 220 Sedan
AU3 XLS w/Tickford 6

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3