XH 347 Build 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: XH 347 Build
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

Hi all,

After lengthy discussions I've now got a plan for rebuilding my ute. Unfortunately it has just clocked over 200,000 on the odo so there isn't much point in wasting money rebuilding the motor and I'm sick of the lacklustre performance of the 165kW Windsor

I've decided I want to stroke the motor out to 347, the heads and intake are useless anyway because i have a windsor 165kw and I want to replace them with GT40 heads and an explorer manifold so it makes sense to start from scratch and buy the parts needed since most of the parts will be replaced anyway, plus it will reduce the time my motor is off the road.

The car will be getting some new brake and suspension upgrades in the next month or so starting with some slotted rotors and some decent pads and lowering the car and maybe a few tweaks to the suspension to stiffen it up a bit.

As for the engine, I'm hoping to keep it all Ford. Best place to start would be with a new block, stroker kit, heads and intake. Of course a new throttle body and MAF as well as injectors will be needed but they aren't as much of a priority yet. Does anyone know where in Aust I can get the above parts and what sort of block I should use as well as stroker brand etc etc?

I'm hoping to spread the build over 4-6 months getting all the parts then having it all put together. In Darwin there is a highly reputed Ford builder that is more than capable of the task.

I have a four speed auto BTR and I am interested in keeping the auto. Will the auto hold up to the new motor or will i need to get it looked at?

Any help is appreciated especially with sourcing parts.

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

the auto should hold up if its in good nick i reckon.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU2 XR8

NT, Australia

i had good success with revitup performance. they did a head change (GT40X) and cam swap on my AU2XR8 and quite amply did the job.

tell adam that mark sent you

i wish to be a ring on a maidens hand so when she wipe herself i see the promised land.

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

with the auto - recommend a shift kit and cooler especially for darwin. i have the PWR HD unit. also need to think about TC depending on cam selection.

i wish to be a ring on a maidens hand so when she wipe herself i see the promised land.

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

I think revitup performance were the agents for Herrods in Darwin, not sure if they still are. Ill give them a look

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Mate, for all the parts you're looking for, go to www.summitracing.com

It's a considerably cheaper option as the Aussie dollar is so close to the U.S. and it's nowhere near as hard to get it sent over from the states as a lot of people would have you believe.

If you want to stick with all Ford parts, then I'd suggest the new BOSS 302 block from Ford Racing. Check out www.fordracingparts.com as well.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

rev it up website - http://revitupperformance.com.au/

i agree with scaffy. getting stuff thru customs and the good value of OZ$ it is much easier and cost effective than in the past. i have done it a few times, just have to be willing to wait for product 3-4 weeks.

i bought a set of GT40X heads for US$899, as opposed to AS$2600. cost me $145 to ship. took a while though - 6 weeks, but worth the wait. took me another 2 months to get them fitted them anyway.

another item i got sent is the sreamin demon coil pac. US$75 as opposed to AS$250 from BPT. these are avial from performance distributors - http://www.performancedistributors.com/coils.htm. need part#31725

most US online ordering speedshops cater for international shipping, especially australia. obviu

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

the amount of online shopping from the states ppl do due to prices beig 3 or 4 times cheaper than that in AU, youd wonder why there is an inflation problem here at all lol.

Depending on how much power you want you can always just stick with the factory windsor block. my 220,000km block shined up really nice after a rebore and acid dip :)

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Rev it up are great with fords, they did my old landlords 302 mustang there, did a great job.

They really know there stuff. :P

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

blueovalindustries.com are good. I just bought a box of bits off them. Took less than 2 weeks to get here from the states through customs and shipping was cheap as chips! (aswell as thier stock prices hehe) :)

347 XR8 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]