Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Trikee wrote:
XH XR8's were only in XH2.

they came with a 5 litre not much unlike the AU 5 litre. all XH XR8's came with GT40P heads, where the standard 5 litre came with E7 heads. they also came with the explorer manifold we have al come to love.
and the extractors were the same items used on EL GTs

my XH XR8 is fitted with alloy SVO heads with !.73 ratio roller rockers, ford motorsport cam, adjustable vernier gear, difillipo headers(nice big 4 into 1's), plus a bigger throttle body, MAF and injectors.
also runs bilstein coilovers up front with reset leaves and bilstein shocks down back.
all the mods are easy to do to these.

plus mines extra special cos its the only one out of all 624 to come with a full factory leather interior.

Very nice, sounds awesome mate. Got any pics. Also there is no external signs of my heads being gt40p's, can you give meany tips on how i would be able to tell. Cheers jeff

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:28 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

XH4LWEPN wrote:
Trikee wrote:
XH XR8's were only in XH2.

they came with a 5 litre not much unlike the AU 5 litre. all XH XR8's came with GT40P heads, where the standard 5 litre came with E7 heads. they also came with the explorer manifold we have al come to love.
and the extractors were the same items used on EL GTs

my XH XR8 is fitted with alloy SVO heads with !.73 ratio roller rockers, ford motorsport cam, adjustable vernier gear, difillipo headers(nice big 4 into 1's), plus a bigger throttle body, MAF and injectors.
also runs bilstein coilovers up front with reset leaves and bilstein shocks down back.
all the mods are easy to do to these.

plus mines extra special cos its the only one out of all 624 to come with a full factory leather interior.

Very nice, sounds awesome mate. Got any pics. Also there is no external signs of my heads being gt40p's, can you give meany tips on how i would be able to tell. Cheers jeff

Look at the front of the heads. There will be four vertical ridges in the casting. Plus you'll notice the spark plugs stick out almost 90 degrees from the head....E7's, like all other windsor heads have about a 45 degree spark plug angle. There is also a "GTP" in the casting but it is harder to spot with the engine in the bay all dressed up.

Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2