Fordmods Logo

XH XR8 to XF Conversion -Wiring up Climate control - help!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: XH XR8 to XF Conversion -Wiring up Climate control - help!!!
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

I've nearly finished my XF - XR8 conversion (Put running gear from crashed XH series 2 XR8 ute into my XF sedan). Been about 2 months so far....

Tonight, i was putting in interior (i used complete wiring + dash from XH), and came to connecting fan speed controller, vacuum lines etc for climate control. On the back of the vacuum line dial (for selecting re-circulate/air-con/air-con max...ect.) should there be a 4 wire connector that goes to the 4 conductors on the back of this????

I dont remember removing this plug when i removed it from the XH, and the only connector nearby is a 4 wire plug, but it wont attach to the back of these controls.

It looks as if it uses this to turn on air-con/air-con max?? or is this also controlled by vacuum?

Il put a photo of my car +dash so u know what dash im talking about... (incase your wondering - YES the XH did have air con before)

Maybe someone has pulled their dash out recently and can rember if there is a convertor plug or does it just 'jam' on there somehow..???

Cheers for any help given....

Attachments:
dash.JPG
dash.JPG [ 158.51 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]