Page 3 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: XR6T to XR8 Dart a few more cubes
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

MICKYYYY wrote:
RAPTOR_XR8

When u have friends with big engine cars and u talk to there engine builders u do learn alot, e.g 8.6 capri with a 400ci clevor with blue thunder heads single carby with cast manifold, this friend of mine built his own engine with his brother and has his own engine dyno and many other's to add to the list. I also had a 347ci EF XR8 a few yrs ago and now started on my new build and with advice from a recently new mate as he has a 370ci windsor AFR205cc head combo.

I dont think im qualified but i do know a thing or 2 and im just a student as i take in everything my mates and there engine builders say and learn along the way.

Also reading from other sites give u some insite into other people's builds.

Insights and hearsay imo means jack sh*t when (you) have no hands on experience!
I origanlly bought the top end for my standard 5ltr but having found out the top end was to big I was left with 3 choices supercharged, turbo charged or stroked.

I always wanted to do a tough 347 build so i deceided to go stroked but having found out that it would cost around 4 grand to get the the standard weak block stoked to 347 i started to do some research on dart blocks and found on darts web site that they did an shp short block assembly and I could get a 347 or 363 shp short block cheap and after discussing this with Joe he said to go the extra cubes and get the 363 so I am.
At the end of the day im not tyring to yeild as much power as posssible just putting a strong bottom end together with a good top end.

My engine builder has more than enough experience so im more inclined to listen to him over a novice, as i stated befor im aiming for 450 to 500 fwhp im not trying to squease every last drop of power out of it.
Matt

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
the RPM2s advertised "working RPM range" wouldn't be based on a 363.

Spot on. All Ford EFI manifolds, when spec'd by the manufacturer are based around the 5.0L engine.

IMO on that engine with that size intake runner, air speed is going to slow down a hell of alot coming out of an RPMII intake into its 225cc intake runner.

But hey, im willing to sit back and be proved wrong......thats what the forums are about.

Is the engine going to see an engine dyno before being fitted to a car?

It will not be engine dynod it will be tuned and dynod on the rollers

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Mate Joe knows his s**t he will have that 363 singing real beaut, just look at his head and cam packages for the 6cyl amazing power i think the highest powered n/a 6 was 190rwkw n 600rwnm.

Also didnt bretts h/c/i with nitros pull 270rwkw, with a set of slicks theres no reason you couldn't run a low 12 either.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

capare

From my non hands on j$3k s87t expierence i still have a good idea on what gear works together and 225cc head on a 302ci street engine :? it dosent take a professor to know thats way to big and biggest head id go is a 185-190cc head.

Joe knows his stuff and is a good guy too and would get him to work on my cars but he is just abit to far and have many good mechanics/engine builders close to me.

Like it or not cam and manifold are not right for the heads ur using and u will need a Victor and port that to get the cfm flow rating up and as u said in ur previous post u want to rev to 7000rpm, and u need to with those heads.

I would just go TFS205cc head to reach ur power goals plus u will have room to grow if u want more power just by going bigger cam as 450-500fwhp goal is too easy with TFS205cc with a 230ish cam.

That is my non hands on j$3k s87t expierence oppinion and good luck with ur build bud.

Anyway back to topic as this is horses4courses engine build

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sorry double post

Back to topic :D

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Holy crap, what's going on here? I thought the idea of the forum was to share info and help each other out. Throw a few ideas out there to think over and all that kinda stuff.

Whoever it was having a go at the other person about not having "hands-on experience", are you building the engine yourself? Have you spent countless nights scouring forums, manufacturers websites, reading books, learning all you can about the motor that you are putting together?

Also, I don't think there is much difference in building a 347 or 363, in fact, the only difference is .125" in bore size. F U C K all, really.

In my opinion, the forum isn't about seeing who knows most or swinging d**k. Just because someone is paying someone to put a motor together for them, doesn't make them an instant expert on the subject.

I'm not attacking anyone here and can't even be bothered going back to read who said what. But let's all leave the crap at the door and return to the topic and try to help each other out. If someone says something you don't like, tell them you disagree, nicely, and explain why.

RPMII, AFR185s, 363 Dart block has made over 500hp@the flywheel. Just under 6000rpm as well, if I'm not mistaken.

When my 363 build begins, I'll be running TFS205s and R-series intake, still to decide which cam and other assorted bits. What I end up using will probably not be everyone's cup of tea, but I sure as hell will have a bucket-load of fun in it.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Scaffy

At last someone has an idea on what head and manifold to use, u may want to consider victor and port that depending on cam and how mcuh u want to rev it.

How did ur 347 go btw???

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:17 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
the RPM2s advertised "working RPM range" wouldn't be based on a 363.

Spot on. All Ford EFI manifolds, when spec'd by the manufacturer are based around the 5.0L engine.

IMO on that engine with that size intake runner, air speed is going to slow down a hell of alot coming out of an RPMII intake into its 225cc intake runner.

But hey, im willing to sit back and be proved wrong......thats what the forums are about.

Is the engine going to see an engine dyno before being fitted to a car?

Does the intake velocity increase in proportion to the increase in stroke and/or bore? If so, this could be considered with the intake runner volume when comparing specs that are advertised for a 302 vs 363. :idea:

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

capare wrote:
Chirs what has made you decided to ditch the i6 turbo and go with a tough windsor stoker?
Matt

Why? TOUGH! :twisted:

The best reason is that i'm in the up grading stage and i thought this would be a nice step in the right direction. the six was fun but i'm hoping to have more fun once i've built this V8.

Probably not the right forum group to ask but what do you's think about turbo/supercharger? would you still stroke it or just build a forged bottom end at standerd stroke? with lower comp pistons of course. What sort of heads and intake systems would suit best.

No nead to hate just let us know what you's reckon :D

Cheers
Chris

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well its a good idea either way to Dart block so stroking pricing isent much more so definatly stroke it. Turbo/supercharge is personal preference but turbo is the most efficient way to make power and very streetable.

A procharger hanging on the side looks pretty awsome and sound wicked and do make good power, i also believe that procharger is better product than vortech and most of the supercharged guyz in pro racing use procharger products.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Chris, have you been on any of the American Mustang Forums to have a look and see what combos they are running over there? Twin-turbo is something I've also been considering, but still haven't done too much research on as yet.

There's a lot of discussion/argument about which way is the best direction to take when building a stroker for forced induction. The most common being 331 vs 347. With the 4.125" bore that becomes 347 vs 363. There's no definitive answer on this one, but in my opinion if you build a stout, well balanced bottom end with an aftermarket block - whether it's 306, 331, 347 or 363, you're going to be able to push a whole heap of boost through it and make big power. It'll just mean the rest of the car will need to be beefed up to be able to handle the power.

MICKYYY, I've been thinking about sticking with the Trick Flow theme as they've served me very well so far. I may even end up going with TFS2 or 3 cam as well. I also have a BBK SSI-R intake sitting in my garage which may even find its way on there.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

For tough 302 windsor check this out (lets see 363 do this)

It eventually broke some rods BUT the block didnt split.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11268559

He even drives it to and from the drag strip.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA xr8 Falcon Boss 330

Power: 221 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Look at that strong 302 i rocken you dont have to go 363 so mikkkyyyyyyy still no hands on exp stay on holden forums.....scaffy you may as well join him....

And comin' off the line when the light turns green
Well she blows 'em outta the water like you never seen
I get pushed out of shape and it's hard to steer
When I get rubber in all four gears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1XvC_xvhYQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc60-zt0e9A

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If your going to do Dart block the extra bore won't cost you too much extra..
After all the pistons will be custom as there isn't any off the shelf pistons up to the task..
Here is Aussie anyway...

That engine in link above was always going to grenade...

Build a tuff assembly no matter what size.. An N/A engine would make more power with bigger bore..

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

That twin turbo 302 is a very impressive car and combo but it will always break plain and simple.

Nuh a 363ci carnt do that but it can do this....

Here we go boyz a 363ci N/A and 363ci with vortech charger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLuOq1i ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjAaPv9V ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-XEdbD ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyT8G62Kigg

Dont worry there are plenty of 347 and 363 turbo and supercharged street cars in the US running super quick numbers which i can show u, so dont go saying there race cars as there just an example.

YOUNGBOSS330

Stick to ur quad cams as u have no place in the windsor world bud

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next