Fordmods Logo

!!!XR8 Boss 260!!!! 

Page 5 of 5 [ 70 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:45 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The 'BOSS' which is apropriately named for its size rather then its barn storming performance is a spent force.
Can't wait to see the end of this over engineered piece of crud. Even one of the ford engineers at the FPV open day said it it was a stop gap engine and not exactly what they wanted.
Actually to be quite honest I'll bag both late model holden and ford v8's. How can anyone with half a brain buy this S**T!!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favour and get a lightly modded xr6t, evo lancer, subaru sti. At least these engines have been around for donkeys years and most dramas have been ironed out. Lets be honest all late model v8's love to go through oil.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I own a stock XR6T and i have raced a VE SS Manual with 3k exhaust to 80km/h and it only had half a car length on me if that.
I also raced my mate in his old mans VX V8 not SS but still it has a full exhaust and cold air intake with 6-speed manual and i flogged the pants out of it to 170 when i backed off, i would have had 3-4 car lengths easy. The new Holden's aint that good.
But it all comes down to it on the day and driver.

The BOSS's aint that s**t of motors plus they sound ten million times better then any new age Holden crap

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Fordpwr wrote:
PUBLIC NOTICE Just so every one knows I have been smashing Holden VZ V8 and VE V8 common crap, but with some better fuel I always run thro my car lol love it you may ask for evidence that i will supply when my mate wants to drag me in his vz ute gen 4 crap it will be close but a win is a win, both stock as engines !!
SHES RUN IN AT 11000KMS running liker a dream (110 octane DOSE HELP) :)

I know alot of you out there will love this.

*cough* times!!

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

come to think of it give us an VZ SS ls2 6.0l any day. I'd pull the bugger down and put a cast iron nascar block in it and never look back.
If only rear IRS was a more sophisticated design? I suppose u can't have everything and thats why I'm stuck with the te50.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

LS1 ain't the ducks guts. Boss makes a way better street engine it isn't gutless down low like an LS1. EB V8 reckons you would never see a boss crush an LS1, thats a load a s**t, their are plenty of LS1 models it would shame big time. The 6.0 litre can be murdered with the mildest of mods. I remember Wheels, Motor and Performance Ford Mag, saying they preferred the AU 3 220kw xr8 (when it came out) over the Ls1, it was actually convincingly quicker off the line, sounded the goods and went real hard. Quote from wheels, "It kicks the living s**t out of the various HSV products" . I've seen a 6 speed Boss pull a flat 13 sec with exhaust, induction, and tune, they have huge potential also from what I've read switching to a set of 3.73:1 diff gears makes a mammoth difference as well as lifting the rev limit via a tune..

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

It's Holdens awesome marketing skill at work again... 8-)

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

The LS series v8's are notorious for its lack of oomph under 2.5k. It kicks like a horse above that and from my experiences with the Boss 260 've had the pleasure of driving it was a lot more smoother in power delivery. Still had the go but it didnt come on all of a sudden like the ls1 did.

Saying that I havent driven a 6ltr yet. I wouldnt be bagging the LS series motors yet. Competition is good for development.

I just cant wait till Ford manage to extract a bit more grunt. After all there Ford hasnt brought out a Modular V8 with 400hp without the use of a blower.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
5.4L vs 6.0L, pretty simple mathematics, especially considering the weight advantage of the hsvs.
Do yourself a favour and buy an xr6turbo and spend the difference on a front mount and edit.

You sound like my old man who seems to think that a 4.1 Xflow is a real mean stump puller. Its not all about the capacity and you should know that since you get around in a car that is half the capacity of a 302 yet can whoop its a*** in standard trim.

t2te50 wrote:
come to think of it give us an VZ SS ls2 6.0l any day. I'd pull the bugger down and put a cast iron nascar block in it and never look back.
If only rear IRS was a more sophisticated design? I suppose u can't have everything and thats why I'm stuck with the te50.
Why is it that the first major mod guys do to full house chevy L motors is to piss off the alluminium block and go for a cast iron NASCAR or truck block. Sure;y the ally castings can't be that s**t can they?

And who dug up this thread after over a year in the wilderness?

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:36 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I've heard that the block casting shift which causes bore distortion and the likes. s**t quality porous alloy I suppose.
Those s**t short skirt pistons covered in teflon don't help. The shorter the skirt the more ring flutter at high rpm causing oil usage and compression loss.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

I don't see whats so special about the xr8s to be honest. I've got craigs (aussie car enhancements) xr8 ute this weekend cos mines broke :( And ye its got some power but i was kinda expecting more out of it from the way every speaks about them. I'd still prefer mine just cos of the low down power its got, and once the tune gets done it'll be a beast on the road :twisted: But i have to admit i love the attention i get out of the xr8 :D

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5