ZH Fairlaine 302 Reco/Rebuid [VIC] 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: ZH Fairlaine 302 Reco/Rebuid [VIC]
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: zh fairlane

VIC, Australia

Hey Guys,
Got me a ZH fairlaine 500 the other week. 1978 (running a 302)
Installed a brand new power steering pump as it was rooted, got a new master cylinder as it was leaking...few fixes here and there but the main issue I have is the engine is in a sick state.

it runs, and will probably run for the next hundred thou, but its not great.
Looking at getting the engine reco'd or rebuilt whatever goes...I'm in Melbourne...had 1 quote at 5,500 (which was a little steep for my budget). I dont want anything crazy, just something that would run nicely and that could be driven daily with no issues.
I dont want to race the thing or have it make some crazy power.

If anyone could help out with referrals that would be great. I did hear of a place called DBA in laverton (on some other threads I searched) but I can find nothing about them to call them. its like they vanished.

Was also looking at getting a new engine, if anyone can recommend these guys (selling 302's for 3k..)
http://www.suburbanimports.com.au/motors.htm

Cheers

Post subject: Re: ZH Fairlaine 302 Reco/Rebuid [VIC]
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

if you go to the expense of an engine build get a 351, same block just change crank and rods!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Post subject: Re: ZH Fairlaine 302 Reco/Rebuid [VIC]
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: telstar tx5

WA, Australia

i know this is an old thread but i am in the process of putting a injected 302 into a zh fairlane, i got my ed xr8 for 2g and would still be driving it if it didnt get writen off and i got a zh for free and was gonna put the motor in so if u got an injected e series v8 for cheap enough as (what i am lead to believe) the clevo and windsor mounts are the same, so it would be a cheapo conversion if u used a older style gearbox that isnt ecu cotroled and if the doner car is an auto trick it to think its in neutral and the comp should idle up when under load( correct me if im wrong) my xr was manual and when it was loaded up it would settle back to idle so i assume it would do the same when put into drive, so in theory i should work and would be alot cheaper than the 3k for the motor, well in my case cirtainly alot cheaper than the 8g the panel shop wanted to fix my sprint

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]