Fordmods Logo

1989 XF Ute Ideas?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: 1989 XF Ute Ideas??
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1989 XF Ute

TAS, Australia

i just bought a '89 XF ute 4.1 carby with column auto what can i do to increase power and looks without spending much money? (Being a bartender pays s**t during winter) ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Post subject: Re: 1989 XF Ute Ideas??
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

depends on how much money is too much? Also depends on what you can do yourself. I would go 2.5" straight through pipe with headers, 17's and lowered an inch with tinted glass, xg xr leather buckets and door trims with VS map pockets with e series console ( floor shift auto of course), boar out the main jet a little and drop a high flow air filter on it with a chrome cover. bypass the vac advance from the tree on top of the thermostat housing to the carby....... thats not too expensive. Headers are cheap on ebay, lowering blocks for rear and low springs off ebay are cheap or bit pricey new and fitting costs will depend on if you can do it, the seats and trim will set you back a couple of hundred, vs pockets around $50 for the pair off ebay, dont know how much carby kits are now days, 17's with good tyres on ebay you can get for under $250, ebay for the air cleaner assembly, dont know for the Xf high flows but have seen them cheap at s**t, tint dont know now days maybe $200, mandrel bent straight through might be lucky off ebay or call local exhaust shops, the rest can be done with a bit of knowledge. Bypassing the vac advance is illegal but dont know what tassie coppers are like

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1989 XF Ute

TAS, Australia

i forgot to mention i have a set of Motorvater extractors (3 into 2 into 1) and 2 1/2 inch exhaust with a lukey muffler and a set of cobra mags

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1992 XF ute w/T5

VIC, Australia

invest in the T5 manual conversion, you gain heaps more fuel eco and more drivabilitly.

CHEERS MARK

CUT BAIT OR GO FISHING!

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FG Turbo 2010

ACT, Australia

@ Mark_XDF
what would i need to change it to t5 cause i have a tboned ef that i took all the running gear minus engine cause i was going to put gear box in my fairlane but got told it wont fit V8 an 6cyl are dif

cheers

ITS ALL GOOD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]