Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 96 XH Panel van project
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: XH Panelvan

VIC, Australia

Hi,

After 3 year of driving all over Australia my XH panno at 380, 000 km has told me that its time to invest some work.

I have an AU (12/99) VCT engine with 190, 000 km , have moded the sump

What is best to do:

Use current loom (XH) and fit xh dizzy to au engine source el ecu, run wire for BBM and run VCT of BBM signal, or

Use current loom and coil on au engine use ef ecu manual (which i have)run wire for BBM and run VCT of BBM signal, or

Fully replace engine loom run au vct ecu (auto) then match loom to current cluster

Standard T5 to match. Have researched and intend use j3 chip with mutiple tune option so i can keep running gas.

Post subject: Re: 96 XH Panel van project
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

When I fitted the AU in my ute I just fitted all of the XH externals, dizzy, log manifold, etc. I used a BA 2-wire alternator, and spliced the wires for the knock sensor so i could use the AU sensor with the XH harness. Everything works fine, and it goes really well. I would like to do the BBM conversion, but until an EL manual ECU lands in my lap, it wont happen. :twisted:

Good luck with your van.

Cheers,
8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

cheers..
After doing a bit more reading i think l will keep xh loom and would like to run the ef ecu and coil pack pin the coil pack circuit, the bbm sloenoid circuit and running vct off bbm solinoid signal.. just waiting on fly wheel getting machined then jobs on

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

Keep the posts coming. Im in the same boat as U. Im thinking of sourcing an AU 2 3.. Complete, as a write off, and change completely. source a low k unit, use auto box the lot, ECU. There are so many ways to go. Ive had every engine EB2 XR6 XG1 (Dog) XG2 XH1 XH2, AU Green top, Au VCT. There seems to be an argument to further hybrid the XH2 engine with a BBM ???? This woulkd be cheepest and easiest. But I tell ya that AU green top drove real smoooooth.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Well so far i have fitted the au vct engine with xh harness and dizzy. Kept the xh ac an power steering.sourced an au 2 alt. Fitted an ef 5 spd and modified the lower part of the bell housing bolt up to au sump. I had a mal wood pin sent however it didnt fit . Appears i have a xf pedal box. I have kept the gas and am repositioning it on the intake side . The gas requires a complete rewire due to a lot of heat damage from the exhaust. And with that i will have reposition air intake. I have soucred and fitted a bbm solenoidand piggy backed the vct solenoid on the same circuit. Sourced a el auto ecu and have a j3 chip with custom tune ready to fit. Current issues are the balancer on the propshaft rubs on the prop tunnel so of to my mate at the machine shop to remove 20 or so mm. Have to source the right size serp belt if anyone knows that would great... with work and other commitments if should be ready for start up in a week or two

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

Cool - get some pics up when you can.

Don't use the pedal pin even if it will fit - it will just crack the pedal box later. Pull the dash, remove the pedal box and either fit a manual one, or modify yours to work, and reinforce it while you have it out. Also, while it's apart is the perfect time to fit the firewall reinforcing plate.

RE the "balancer" on the prop shaft, do not machine it, just press it off the trans yoke and run without it. It is just there to reduce harmonic noises, nothing else.

If you used the XH a/c mounts and belt tensioner, you will need a serp belt 60mm longer than the standard XH belt, or a new total length of 2460mm. Ask your parts guy for a belt in that length and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

After trial and error (trying to fit 6 different belts) I found that 6pk2580 was what i needed to run the VCT engine with xh tensioner and AC. I started up last week and it cranked first go. Took it for run down to get fuel on two days ago and was very happy. Almost time to put the dash back in and refit the interior.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]