Fordmods Logo

Anyone running RRS components in there XR/XT/XW/XY 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Anyone running RRS components in there XR/XT/XW/XY
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB XRsex

WA, Australia

Hey boys ive got my eye out for an early falcon, most likly an XT and was looking at modernising the handling. Anybody converted there car with RRS's powersteering rack and coilover front end? I was also looking at the 3-link rear they have got going. Also if anybody has 'em, how do the 297mm/2-pots go at pulling up the old girl.

any firsthand expreience of there products would be awsesom
-cheers fellas

Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

i entertained the thought on doing it to my xy but the cost and the fact that im not useing my car on a street circuit race track could not justify the hassle and the cash but have spoken to people that have done it and they raved about it but me personally didnt feel the differance in the car was worth the cost once i had been for a drive ...

i opted for fully adjustable koni shocks front and back and a set of caltracs on the rear.. saved thousands and handels

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB XRsex

WA, Australia

Yeah that would make sence, it was roughly $15000 for my dream package, I felt that was a bit much.

BTW i was born in parabadoo

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xt347,66stang/herrodxr8

WA, Australia

My xt handles just great with king springs and pedders shocks,new rubbers and no p/s . I drove it across OZ and it was just as good as my BAXR8 . Like what 409 said to many $$$$ as i was looking at it for our mustang.

Cheers Warren 8-)

more fuel please

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I look at it as why would you want to buy expensive but cheaper to manufacture (that is why they were originally designed) McPherson struts, which is inferior in many ways.

If you were serious about changing the suspension because of tower clearance, that I could understand that, and if you were serious about handling why not adapt a E series or AU/BA front suspension, there is also kits in the USA that basically does that for Mustangs etc, they wouldn't be to hard to adapt to our Falcons.

I like the RRS rack with long tie rods, well in theory anyway (never had anything to do with them) and don't know about the 3 link, seems weird, wouldn't it pull or push the diff housing at the top with suspension travel because of the massive difference in control arm length?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Hi, yeh I saw their ads and a few things put me off - first, I asked them for the free catalog and I said I has a 73 falcon hardtop (this is to a Western Aust based company) - they sent back pricelists and whatever for a mustang, and said basically whats a 73 hardtop? is that a mustang? And I'm thinking Jeez, if you're in Aust and you've never heard of a falcon hardtop, not sure if I want to trust your products....

Second is that 3 link with watts link - have a good look at the pics, the middle arm doesn't connect to the diff at all, just to some steel set up in a triangle BEHIND the diff, so it doesn't articulate with the diff at all - compare that to an XE/F where the arm connects to the diff. Why? was it too hard to connect to diff? Is the geometry OK like this? I don't know, and I'm maybe wrong, but it just didn't look right. 3rdly, costs are obscene....

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

The 3 link does in fact locate the diff, b attaching to the chasis, via the top section that bolts to the floor pan, and then attaching to the lower arms mounting point.

So instead of the XF having 2 attachment points on the chasis and one on the diff, this has 2 on the diff(or diff mounts), and one on the chasis.

So it works exactly the same.

Jas...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]