Fordmods Logo

AU centre console into XH ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: AU centre console into XH ute
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

Hi guys, can someone tell me if an AU centre console will fit an XH ute. I have just installed EL seats and finding a XH console is nearly impossible. Any info at all regarding what will I need to do to secure it in. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: AU centre console into XH ute
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Ash, your a legend. I was hoping that you might have been about tonight as I heard somewhere that the AU console will fit but I wasn't too sure. I have read your comments on XH utes before and I like the work that you have done. I have got my eyes on a few consoles on Flea bay at the moment so it looks like I will be spending some money this weekend. Cheers again, Steve.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

It's been a while since I installed the AU console and today after having some spare time and being sick of looking at a vacant hole in the console, (where the T-Bar selector used to be, ) I decided to fill it in.
All I did was to get some 20mm pine, cut the shape out and made sure that it was large enough to secure it with self tapping screws from the top. To cover it I was going to use some black vinyl but I couldn't find any lying around so the next best thing was an old rubber floor mat. I cut it to the size of the pine and glued it on. Screwed the pine up into the console from underneath and presto, it filled the hole and doesn't look too bad.

The console looks good in the car and with the Fairmont seats in, it feels good to drive. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Cheers, Steve.

Attachments:
IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG [ 115.34 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

au055 wrote:
It's been a while since I installed the AU console and today after having some spare time and being sick of looking at a vacant hole in the console, (where the T-Bar selector used to be, ) I decided to fill it in.
All I did was to get some 20mm pine, cut the shape out and made sure that it was large enough to secure it with self tapping screws from the top. To cover it I was going to use some black vinyl but I couldn't find any lying around so the next best thing was an old rubber floor mat. I cut it to the size of the pine and glued it on. Screwed the pine up into the console from underneath and presto, it filled the hole and doesn't look too bad.

The console looks good in the car and with the Fairmont seats in, it feels good to drive. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Cheers, Steve.

Why not fit a floor shift setup?

Gab

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

That was one thought but having to change a few things to do so, I decided to keep the column shift. I only have the Ute as a second vehicle to pick up and drop off furniture for my wife and the occasional car parts plus to and from work which is only 2 k's away from home. Cheers.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Always Falcons.

VIC, Australia

Awesome, Ive done this in my Xg and wasnt too sure how to secure the shift boot, and now I think you've solved my problem!
Cheers.

EF2 XR8 Lowered on Genuine EL GT 17", Slotted + Drilled all round, Custom retrimmed ghia interior, competition stereo, DiFillipo headers, hi-flow cats, single muffler 3", K&N, custom maf/induction and rear window venetian

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hopefully in the next week or so I should have mine in and ready to show.
The console has been arranged.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]