Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU V8 into XH Panel van
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH panel van

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys
Need some info.
I have a XH 6cyl Panel van I have a complete but smashed AUXR8 ute I want to put the AU running gear in my XH. How hard is the conversion.
Any one have any info would help a lot.

Post subject: Re: AU V8 into XH Panel van
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Firstly, it's definatley doable. There will be a few issues you may face along the way, I'll do my best to cover them:

1) You may need to source an XH V8 K frame, however I beleve they are the same between 6 cylinder and V8 so probably not an issue.

2) All the power steering lines will be different. The AU lines may fit, but if not, you have 2 options:
a) Get an EB-EL V8 power steering pump, and then get XH V8 p/s lines to suit and set it up as though it was a factory V8 XH, or b) Retain the AU pump, and get the AU lines joined up to the XH ones you have by a mob like pirtek or enzed.

3) The AU's run coil pack ignition, so you'll eithier need to wire in the AU's wiring loom into the XH, or you'll need to get an XH 5 litre wiring loom, and a suitable distributor, and run it with a dissy, this is the option I'd be going for, much simpler.

4) The engine and transmission itself should all just bolt straight in, you may need to source a V8 T bar shifter though, again, the one from the AU might work.

5) The diff will be fine and handle the power no worries, and you can use your existing tailshaft.

6) The AU's exhaust system will not fit the XH, so you'll need to get an XH V8 exhaust system or get one custom made

7) The AU heater hoses probably wont fit, need to get XH 5 litre ones, which I suspect are also the same as EB/ED/EF/EL, same for the radiator hoses.

Other than that, I reckon you'll be pretty right, everything else will be straightforward, also dont forget the air conditioning pipes will be different.

Gab

Post subject: Re: AU V8 into XH Panel van
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH panel van

VIC, Australia

Thanks that gives me some good info.
I'll post how I go.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]