Fordmods Logo

Central locking - EF to XH 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Central locking - EF to XH
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Anyone know if its possible to fit a remote central locking system from an EF falcon to and XH ute?

Thanks.

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Easier to do an after market 1

Member Number 8804

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

So, possible but not easy? :P

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:19 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Since XH'S run the same central locking system already, I'd say it would take next to no effort . . . . :P

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

yeah your car should have it already as far as i know. I take it the car didnt come with the remotes?

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xh falcon ute

ACT, Australia

not all the xhs have it they have the smart lock system for the ignition but dont have the module for the doors

negelecting my ute to ride my two wheeled rockets

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

dvyvan wrote:
yeah your car should have it already as far as i know. I take it the car didnt come with the remotes?
All XHII's are keyless entry, the only XHI's to have same are the 'S' and 'XR' models. The other XHI's may have the actuators fitted, and are operated by key - if you can lock either door and the other follows, then this is the case.
Then all that's needed is to verify the lock/unlock lines are connected to the BEM (can be wired up if needed) - then a std smartlock keyfob can then be trained to operate.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

sounds like a tech doco is required to me!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xh falcon ute

ACT, Australia

hmmmm if all xhII's have central where has mine gone???

negelecting my ute to ride my two wheeled rockets

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Beats me . . . . :(

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

Is it that the XH without central locking had a different smartlock module, or was it that the central locking just wasn't put in? I was always under the impression of the latter, however, I have the dash off my XG (w/ smartlock) as per gregorys manual - looking for the smartlock module, but it is nowhere to be seen.

Surely ford wouldn't go to all the trouble of making another smartlock module - one without central locking capability, would they?

I was going to attempt throwing on central locking onto my XG - which I imagine would be the same as the XH, using the wiring diagram in the service manual - but cannot find the module to start out with.

Anyone know where it is?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

snake wrote:
Is it that the XH without central locking had a different smartlock module, or was it that the central locking just wasn't put in?
All XH's run an EF BEM (under dash above right knee) - the info I've mentioned previously comes from my experience and the XH I & II std equipment lists. In the base XH I models either the central locking is fitted and not connected to the BEM, or is simply not fitted - can't tell you for sure. If fitted it is easy enough to connect the lock/unlock lines and train a smartlock keyfob to operate it. If not fitted it is still easy enough to wire actuators in.

snake wrote:
I have the dash off my XG (w/ smartlock) as per gregorys manual - looking for the smartlock module, but it is nowhere to be seen.
Behind the dash above the handbrake - pull the lower dash cover off to gain access.

snake wrote:
Surely ford wouldn't go to all the trouble of making another smartlock module - one without central locking capability, would they?
No, not in this case - XH is basically 99% EL wiring with an EF BEM. XG series is basically all EBII-ED electrics.

snake wrote:
I was going to attempt throwing on central locking onto my XG - which I imagine would be the same as the XH, using the wiring diagram in the service manual - but cannot find the module to start out with.
You need to access the central controller (to the left of the smartlock module), and locate the lock/unlock lines - you'll probably need to insert wires with pins. Your ford actuators will need +12v and an earth as well. You'll need to wire in an EB/ED boot switch for training the smartlock keyfob - you can go further with this if your tray has a hardtop, and use an EA-EL boot solenoid to close/open it. So you can use the button or keyfob to open it (pretty cheap mod :P ) There is a doco on this site for fitting aftermarket central locking actuators - I've done both my cars and do recommend it - much better than the ford ones.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]