E-series engine/gearbox/diff etc 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: E-series engine/gearbox/diff etc
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EBII XR6

NSW, Australia

Hows it goin?
Just recently had the s**t week of my life, first i fix my rotors pads wheel bearings and clutch which sets me back $700. I got it back last night and on my way to work this morning I decide I want to hug a tree with my front end.

So I've been quoted between $3500-$5000 to fix it as the support struts are bent, radiator is f**k and a few other things. Though the engine and driveline is perfect, not to mention the facte its just had a diff, box and engine rebuild, just been dropped and was sitting perfect and has the usual N/A mods (pacies cam etc).

So my question is, will I be able to do a transplant of my engine gearbox and diff into an X-series sedan, and if so what kind of mods will i have to perform, (modifying engine bay etc) or will it just not fit at all?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated because i do not know what to do at all hey.
By the way its a 92 EBII XR6 5 speed.

Post subject: Re: E-series engine/gearbox/diff etc
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

HI!

Wow, sounds like you have had a bit of a bad run.

I am not sure how easy it is to drop the OHC donk into an X Series. In fact, adding all the EFI petrol lines etc, pump, ECU wiring would be quite an undertaking. There is a post down the page a bit re the engine conversion Click Here.

However, EB/ED and even EF/EL cars are going for peanuts on Ebay at the moment.

I would suggest buying one with as stuffed engine or box etc, but with a good body and paint, and transplanting it all accross. You could even grab a Fairmont for around $500 and end up with a nicer car in the long run.

I have done this sort of thing myself so know what is involved. Am happy to chat with you re options if you like. PM me for my mobile.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA 3VM

NSW, Australia

I have an EA Fairmont wagon you could transfer into for $300.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Mate
Should not be a problem if you take your time suggest u get a XG ute workshop manual it will have all you need. I think you need to change the engine mounts and weld on some brackets for the water recovery bottle. When you install the engine place a protective plate at the dash panel it will be a tight fit you need to give it as much angle as you can. Change the power steering pump and oil lines to the XF power steering pump. You should be able to use a E series wagon fuel tank. Finally you may need to change the radiator lwr support brackets . Electric fans are another story I would use a Davies Craig kit

gassa

When the clutch drops the bull s**t stops!!!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Didn't the XG have the E series engine in basically an X series shell? Couldn't you use the subframe, engine mounts and a few other bits to make it work?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]