Fordmods Logo

Falcon XG UTE mods.. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Falcon XG UTE mods..
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XG falcon ute

NSW, Australia

Hi just after some advice and help.. i have a 95 XG ute, it has the standard/basic dash (speedo, temp fuel gauges only), i have aN ED XR6 dash on the way with tacho oil guage etc .. does anyone know if this will just plug straight in? i also have an oil pressure sender unit on the way to, cause i know i'll need that for the oil gauge to work properly, but are the electrics/wiring all plug and go?
This utes been great, travelled through aus and always been reliable as a standard ute, but was wondering on what sort of simple cost effective mods would give her a bit more punch..?
1 more thing.. what you guys think bout dropping an XR6Turbo motor in her? Not so cost effective i know, but could be wicked.. anyone done it?

Cheers Boppo

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ED GLi

QLD, Australia

i bought an ED XR6 dash for my EBII and all i need was the oil sender and the low coolant sender not sure if the XG has the same wiring and cluster as an eb-ed as they hay the XF style dash but engine senders will bolt straight up cause it got the 4L motor

and on the eighth day God created the Falcon

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

OK, so changed the dash over today, still haven't got the oil sender yet, but will fit that next week.. was piss easy, except that the dash i bout arrived with broken clips and tabs, and a dirty as hell perspex front. but was able to salvage it pretty well and it fits up really good.. and simple. Now all i want to do, is get it lit up a bit better/nicer... any thoughts?

Cheers Boppo

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1984 FD LTD

QLD, Australia

there is always an LED conversion... thatl brighten up the cluster for sure. heaps of threads on here, just do a search and you will get all the info you will need.

Member Of "Team LWB"
FD: My Current Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... age029.jpg

ZL: A Work In Progress - that went to the tip!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... maller.jpg

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

zk wrote:
there is always an LED conversion... thatl brighten up the cluster for sure. heaps of threads on here, just do a search and you will get all the info you will need.

Yeah but unfortunately all the ones i've seen so far say this will not work with the orange tinted or ED series dials which this one is.. they are mainly from XH/EF series dashs... cant find any more yet..... i'll keep looking...

Cheers Boppo

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: eb

VIC, Australia

hey fellas i wanted to put a eb inline 6 in xd ute what model engine mounts would i use

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

bopstar wrote:
OK, so changed the dash over today, still haven't got the oil sender yet, but will fit that next week.. was piss easy, except that the dash i bout arrived with broken clips and tabs, and a dirty as hell perspex front. but was able to salvage it pretty well and it fits up really good.. and simple. Now all i want to do, is get it lit up a bit better/nicer... any thoughts?
how about a couple of pics

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

falcon gl wrote:
hey fellas i wanted to put a eb inline 6 in xd ute what model engine mounts would i use

you could try posting this in a thread of its own in the 6 cylinder engine section, as opposed to hijacking some1 elses thread

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]