Fordmods Logo

Hey guys :) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Hey guys :)
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford XF ute and BA XR6 turbo

WA, Australia

Hey everyone I'm a bit new here but just like you I'm on the relentless pursuit of the pink taco... Oh hang on wrong website :D nah guys I'm just a blue oval lover, student and admirer looking to share my experience and learn from you guys. I no I should of posted in the newbie section but it's 50 odd pages long and who reads it anyway? So because I have an XF and a build thread to follow I might as well post here.

Ok so the awkward part out of the way, my name is jamin but prefer Jay coz it's less gay (I think my parents were on drugs), and I'm from wa in the country. (we only just got Internet, microwaves should be coming next week). Haha.

Ok so the XF...
Well I haven't actually seen it yet. You see I'm a farming contractor and am in Victoria near benella driving a header right now. now my mate rang me up and asked if I wanted to buy his XF ute for a thousand bucks. Being a tight cowboy that appealed to me so I sent my missus round with some greenbacks and now (apparently) I own it :)

Now your probably thinking dumb idea to buy without test driving it or at least viewing it but I have method in my madness :D this XF has no rust at all or damage, it's got mags, torneau cover etc etc. That's a good start. Bad points are- lame stock 250 flow and auto box but that's where I've done some thinking.

I'm planning to change the donk to a 4L out of an E series and put a T5 behind it. ATM I'm looking at the price difference between buying a donor car and sourcing the parts myself. So far funnily enough it seems cheaper to source the parts but I'll see what's happening when I get back to wa.

Anyway will keep you informed with pictures etc when I can. It's taken me 3 hours just to write this it's that hard while trying to drive so please forgive me if it doesn't make sense. Talk soon

Jay

Post subject: Re: Hey guys :)
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

hey mate welcome to fordmods.
my opinion. chuk a 51 clevo and a toploader in it. stuff the sixpot.lol..
but thats just me a v8 lover.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hey mate, yeah thought about it but..

1. 6pot cheaper
2. Get more power for less money
3. Easier conversion
4. Wa cops are a$$holes and pick on blokes with v8 utes
5. Fuel economy 1 million times better (drive big kms in my work)

Already got a 51 in my shorty 40 don't need another. Cheers anyway mate :)

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Oh really? I haven't found that at all in my shorty although I know it's a totally different type of vehicle. Plus easier to engineer as a 6 then an 8. They seem to like allowing the EFI conversion because of the lower emissions. Anyway that's beside the point because I'm going the 6 route so no point talking about how good an 8 will go in the ute if it's not getting one :) I had an ED with a 6 which I absolutely loved and got some serious power out of for cheap aswell. One thing I do want to know is what can I do internally to the 6? I'm going to shave the head and put an AU gasket in but what about pistons rings bearings etc?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]