Fordmods Logo

high rise in XC 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: high rise in XC
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:30 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

has anyone put a high rise manifold on there XC v8 & does it fit under the bonnet as i wish to put one on but not at the cost of cutting a hole in my bonnet

ON THE EIGHTH DAY GOD CREATED HOLDENS TO KEEP THE d***head OUT OF FORDS

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

depends on the high rise you chose, an Edilbrock performer will no worries, but thats not really high , ive got a funnel web on mine and i recon it would fitt under bonnet, if you didnt have carby spacer and huge air cleaner...
my engine mounts sit on 1 inch stands so my heads and extractors fitt and ive got a 1" thick NOS spacer plate and the top of my carbi just fitts out the top of the hole in the bonnet..this is on a XY
best bet would be to measure the clearance that you have now and then add on the extra hight of the new manifold to make sure you dont spend that money and it not fit...

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

hmmmm looking under the bonnet of my xb with 351 clev I don't have a whole lot of room....but to check what you do have, try this - put some plastic like clingwrap or a plastic bag over your aircleaner (of your current setup) then raid your kid's plasticine and make a sorta blobby cigar shape out of it, a bit more plastic on the top of that, then carefully and slowly fully close the bonnet, then open again. You should get a really accurate, measurable deformed bit of plasticine you can measure - same idea works for valve to piston clearance and other uses too....

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XC GXL

WA, Australia

My XC runs the 2v clev Performer,one inch spacer and 600 Holley with a 2 inch high aircleaner. Its still gotaround 2 1/2 inches clearance. Theyre pretty roomy under there. Why do you want a high rise? There no good for street cars unless its totally off its face and then it really aint a streeter is it?( unless its in `Street Machine` with a $87,000 build cost)

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

you can fit a TFC manifold under the bonnet on an XB... well we did anyway - you just need a K&n drop base air cleaner and filter top

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Tom Davey wrote:
My XC runs the 2v clev Performer,one inch spacer and 600 Holley with a 2 inch high aircleaner. Its still gotaround 2 1/2 inches clearance. Theyre pretty roomy under there. Why do you want a high rise? There no good for street cars unless its totally off its face and then it really aint a streeter is it?( unless its in `Street Machine` with a $87,000 build cost)

so what does the spacer do ? & i already have a performer! So what your saying is stick to that? As for work it has had it`s fair share done on it!

30thou over 4mab crank, 302 rods blueprinted & balanced,oil holes shamphered,oil restrictors in right places, 8ltr race sump, holley blue fuel pump, 2v heads with 4v stainless valves ported & polished, good size cam,childs & albert rings,hyputechnic pistons,cromemolley pushrods,svo roller rockers,mighty demon carby! Alloy heads are next!

And as for build cost! it will owe me around $80,000 by the time Im finished without my labour! And im doing all the work myself. Body,paint,electrical,mechanical,

ON THE EIGHTH DAY GOD CREATED HOLDENS TO KEEP THE d***head OUT OF FORDS

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]