Fordmods Logo

Might sell EF and buy XF 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:12 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I went from an XF to an EL. Didn't look back. Not that the XF was bad (it was a mint cond. GL wagon), the EL is just so much better.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

as much as i love my xf.. if i had a ef i wouldnt be stepping back,, perhaps look at an xf as a project car instead of a daily driver????

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

mitchg911 wrote:
as much as i love my xf.. if i had a ef i wouldnt be stepping back,, perhaps look at an xf as a project car instead of a daily driver????

-mitch

sad as it is to say it (me being an XF addict), XF's dont make the best daily drivers when compared to the later models, and thier daily driveability suffers with mods...... the more money you spend on one, the less you want to risk damaging it

eventually i want to end up with both an EB/ED and EL ghia, with the XF as a garage queen, getting taken out for a thrashing on weekends.....

Banned

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Falcon - Manual

QLD, Australia

after looking around i have noticed that most of the older cars that seem to be daily drivers are s**t and falling apart, and yeah, the decent ones are project cars and in magazines.

What about an NC Fairlane. 94 model is only a year older than mine, less kays, bigger car so wont be able to throw it around as much.

Post subject: ef-xf
Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL

NSW, Australia

a bit like getting rid of your P111 computer for a 486

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

doc wrote:
What about an NC Fairlane. 94 model is only a year older than mine, less kays, bigger car so wont be able to throw it around as much.

It's not hard at all to throw a long wheel base car sideways in a corner? Dare I ask why you want an NC over EF?

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

long wheelbase cars hang out longer.
i've got an xe ute project, and love it, although im constantly working on it.
i also have an ef daily driver, that hasn't missed a beat.
i also used to have an xf s-pack 5spd, and besides the common things that stuff up like elec windows (mine didn't have them), squeaky dash/suspension components and the crap efi sensors, they're a good car.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont ZL Lane 4x4 Bronco

QLD, Australia

Ive Still got my ZL Fairlane (XF) and I recon its heaps more comfortable then my EF Fairmont especially on very long cruises
The ZL has been reconditioned and all the bugs sorted which has heaps of lowend torque (better if 4 speed and taller diff!) but missing the high end revs
Dont really want to part with it, but will have to oneday :roll:

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:14 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: xc 351

NSW, Australia

i like xcs so i got 1 as a second car for the weekends but had 2 sell couldnt afford it. but if i could have afforded it i would have keept it. I love xds xf if you can afford keep both and get a 351esp

xg ute, mods include, i painted the interior light
Team- love the dragons
spare wheel
casette player
bench seat
tow bar

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: xc 351

NSW, Australia

and also ive found every ford ive owned my brother has owned and my dad has owned has had problems weve had nearly all models except ba. My brothers ef manual was the worst. My xc 351 was awsome didnt miss a beat. My new car xg ute has been s**t house but should last a while now cause i got a recco 6.

xg ute, mods include, i painted the interior light
Team- love the dragons
spare wheel
casette player
bench seat
tow bar

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

heyo,

my 2 cents worth:

- had an '87 XF falcon, was very happy with it.
- had an '93 NC V8 fairlane, its a "nice" car, very quiet, refined and BORING! (even with the exhuast unbolted at the cat converter so it sounds like a top fueler :) ) it went better then my ZK fairlane, but it didn't FEEL like it was going better/faster.
- dad has an '95 EF falcon which i drive a fair bit, also a "nice" car, plenty of go, but lacks "character".
- have a '84 ZK fairlane and love it, i even chose it over the NC fairlane (as i had both cars at the same time),

so choosing the XF over an EF isn't nesscessarily as ubsurd as most people make out. i personally think the old X's have a really nice ride, and i really like the way the steering feels in the X's. (with a reconditioned steering box though) could always put a EF motor in the XF to get the performance and economy of that engine.

i've spent a lot of time and money on my car to get it to the state that it is now, so it really depends on this:

- go with your brain, and stick with the EF.
or
- go with your heart, go the old XF

cya
Rene.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I say keep the EF Falcon, its a better build than the XF and uses less fuel. Lots of EFs are appearing in self serve wreckers and the XF falcon is almost 21 years old. The EF was a big change for Ford in 1994, thats just my opinion.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I say keep the EF Falcon, its a better build than the XF and uses less fuel. Lots of EFs are appearing in self serve wreckers and the XF falcon is almost 21 years old. The EF was a big change for Ford in 1994, thats just my opinion.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Cruizin_Central wrote:
heyo,

my 2 cents worth:

- had an '87 XF falcon, was very happy with it.
- had an '93 NC V8 fairlane, its a "nice" car, very quiet, refined and BORING! (even with the exhuast unbolted at the cat converter so it sounds like a top fueler :) ) it went better then my ZK fairlane, but it didn't FEEL like it was going better/faster.
- dad has an '95 EF falcon which i drive a fair bit, also a "nice" car, plenty of go, but lacks "character".
- have a '84 ZK fairlane and love it, i even chose it over the NC fairlane (as i had both cars at the same time),

so choosing the XF over an EF isn't nesscessarily as ubsurd as most people make out. i personally think the old X's have a really nice ride, and i really like the way the steering feels in the X's. (with a reconditioned steering box though) could always put a EF motor in the XF to get the performance and economy of that engine.

i've spent a lot of time and money on my car to get it to the state that it is now, so it really depends on this:

- go with your brain, and stick with the EF.
or
- go with your heart, go the old XF

cya
Rene.

im hearing you! im hearing you! ive had an xf and now got a ef and the xf was nice but the ef is 100 times better. still do miss cruising in the old xf though... i reckon get the ef and then buy a old cruiser to do up in the backyard.... :D

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont Turbo

QLD, Australia

Even though everyone has just s**tcanned them, i happen to own an as new XF fairmont ghia which i have done a few things to. It has a turbocharged snortperformance stg 3 kit, 3 inch exhaust, front mount 600x75, EEC 5 (yes it runs a stock EA ecu), rising rate reg, C4 with 2,500 stall, dynotec cam with new timing chain/sprocket, lightly ported head and everything else is as factory.

This thing is a head spinner for more reasons than looks as it sports a screamer pipe and vented blow off. I've had many cars and driven many more but this thing is kinda different. Wasting wing equiped, 22 inch rimmed turbo rice is a great deal of fun. By the way i do love my E series but everyone has one, including me. I've had some pretty good offers for this thing but i'm not quite ready to let it go yet.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next