Tyres for XB sedan 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Tyres for XB sedan
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:03 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: XB

TAS, Australia

Gday,

Im planning to get new rims and tyres all round for the XB soon. Its got a XD disc back end.

Just wondering:

What is the Stud pattern size? Its 4.5" isnt it?

What are the widest tyres that will comfortably fit on the rear and front respectively without modification?
Im leaning towards 265s on the back and 235s on the front.

What "rear spacing" or offset should I use?

For 265 tyres do you use a 10" rim or something smaller?

Ive been looking on the RocketIndustries site and want something along the lines of the http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/imag ... 105507.jpg style rims, with some white raised lettered tyres.

Thanks.

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I'm not sure on backspacings? You'd really want to get it 100% if going a 9" or 10" rim. I've got no idea on the PCD.

Standard offset with an 8"*14" or 15" rim will see 265's go under. I know standard offset and 16"*8" rims sees a 255 go under just. Yet I've got 10.5" slicks which are as wide as a 275. My 255's much have been pretty wide?

I've run 16*8's all round. I plan to have mine back on the car prior to Christmas. Stock steelies I hate.

XB Fairmont sedan 11.07@123.02mph

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: XB

TAS, Australia

Ok, I was thinking of a 10" rim with a 15" diameter on the back and a 8.5" rim on the front.

I think that a "rear spacing" of 5" on a 10" rim would mean the hub would bolt on 5" in from the rear of the wheel, being in the center. Meaning the offset would be 0, and the offset for the std wheel is 0 to 6mm I think.

So these wheels should go on....I'll take a trip into a few wheel shops tomorrow and check it out further.

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]