Fordmods Logo

WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 6

Joined: 19th Jan 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1962 Ford Falcon Wagon

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey people im looking for a centura diff to put in my 1962 xl falcon wagon im also looking for a front door gaurd bonnet tailgate etc .
Kind Regards Kurt
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
Hey people im looking for a centura diff to put in my 1962 xl falcon wagon im also looking for a front door gaurd bonnet tailgate etc .
Kind Regards Kurt


An XP ute diff is a better choice....5 stud, and bolts straight in.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

i had a centura diff in my old vg valiant, perfect fit once i removed the 4 link mount and welded the leaf spring seats..

unfortunatly i sold off and scraped most of my val and centura parts....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 6

Joined: 19th Jan 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1962 Ford Falcon Wagon

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
Hey people im looking for a centura diff to put in my 1962 xl falcon wagon im also looking for a front door gaurd bonnet tailgate etc .
Kind Regards Kurt


An XP ute diff is a better choice....5 stud, and bolts straight in.



But would that be right to run a 302 windsor though ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 253

Joined: 22nd Mar 2008

Ride: BF F6 Typhoon. XP Van.XF Hearse

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
cjh wrote:
Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
Hey people im looking for a centura diff to put in my 1962 xl falcon wagon im also looking for a front door gaurd bonnet tailgate etc .
Kind Regards Kurt


An XP ute diff is a better choice....5 stud, and bolts straight in.



But would that be right to run a 302 windsor though ?



Nope - XK - XP ute/van diffs are 4.1:1 ratio - Too low geared + the centres & axle splines are the same size used in Sigma's & Bluebirds - not very strong. A standard 250 fitted will blow an XP diff with very little trouble - let alone a 302W..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

xpvanman wrote:


Nope - XK - XP ute/van diffs are 4.1:1 ratio - Too low geared + the centres & axle splines are the same size used in Sigma's & Bluebirds - not very strong. A standard 250 fitted will blow an XP diff with very little trouble - let alone a 302W..


Actually, 3.50:1 was the std diff ratio for an XP ute with the 200 motor.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WANTED: Centura diff for xl wagon in NSW
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
cjh wrote:
Sly-62-Wagon wrote:
Hey people im looking for a centura diff to put in my 1962 xl falcon wagon im also looking for a front door gaurd bonnet tailgate etc .
Kind Regards Kurt


An XP ute diff is a better choice....5 stud, and bolts straight in.



But would that be right to run a 302 windsor though ?


Didn't realize you were fitting a 302.....better off with a 9" made to suit.....depending on how much of a caning your going to give it, or how many GG's you want out of that 302.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:40 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names