Fordmods Logo

What kind of mods can u do to an EFI 250 crossflow 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:49 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Lowered BF XR8 Ute / 65 XP Coupe

NSW, Australia

Before i started i'd make sure everything is spot on with your engine before modding it, get it tuned and fix any niggly probs etc, fit a nice cam and lifter kit which wont cost you the world, a set of pace maker extractors and a single 2.5 inch pipe. if you go hunting for even more power start with a redline inlet manifold and a nice holley carb to suit your application, always run a nice free flowing air filter and keep it tuned, the X flow was always a good engine to start with, plenty of torque etc. Keep us posted on it.

I Exist Simply to Serve as a WARNING to others!!!

Post subject: Re: What kind of mods can u do to an EFI 250 crossflow
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:03 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EF, Magna, R33 skyline

as for doing up the 250 crossflow you can start with getting the XE EFI to put on your motor and then you can start to play with the insids. But befor you start doing inside work you can put the dissy at 16 dagree advance to give you a bit better pulling rate. but another good mod to get for the 250's is a HT140 cam for IVEN TIE cams and then you will start to make power. YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE XE EFI TO DO THIS THOUGH!!!!!!! :D

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i have heard of a crossy with the bigends off set 60 thou, but whats with putting the dissy at 16 degree's advanced with a stock dissy? first up its going to mess the entire advance curve, to advance the base timing 16 degree's you need to regraph the dissy by adjust the springs or weights and stoppers so that the advance ramp begins and stops advancing to suit the application. detonation = bad :wink:

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 pm 
Smokin em up

ok if you really want a motor to have some power you can balance the bottom end bor it out 40 thur and put a set of ROSS flat tops in her then the HT140 from IVEN TIE cams the E2 head 9 i read this for up the top) is not a good idea. the E2 is a low comp head, You want the C2A or the C2 head. You can read this on the head on the inlet side in front of number 1 inlet. By putting the dissy at 16 dagree advance you wont have to replace to dissy and it wont up set you valves at all. I dont know what every one is talking about but i'm telling you I have raced XF's and XE's all my life and my old man has to so I know what to do to get them going. in my XF is the motor i just told you about and it has bettin BA XR6 Turbo's VY SS Sh*@box's and BA XR8's I'm telling you if you would like to ask some one on Fordmods.com then ask megalo7 he knows the car it's a whit XF from Kingaroy that Charlie (ME) onws. JUST TRUST ME!

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XW Fairmont 302 wrote:
I have a 250 crossflow EFI and iam looking at doing it up a little bit, what kind of exhaust would best suit me and any other little mods anyone may no. thanks
charlie4401 the specs you described sound good but with the if i remeber right the cambers in the C2 are around 55cc, with flattops the compression ratio would have to be somewhere around 11:1 and wouldnt run pump fuel, hardly be a everyday driver. i have also been messing with crossflows since adam was a boy, my current race engine would s**t its self running a standard dissy, a graphed dissy is a MUST if your moving the static timing around that far..

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ok well like I said in my last megs you can ask for your self BUT I'm telling you my XF was runing pump fuel and it was at 12:1. Can you tell me Y would you have to REGAPH the dissy? I have found 2 people form KINGAROY that you can ask ( megalo7 & bluespeedracer78) they both know the car and can tell you what it was like. If some one has told you that you have to REGAPH the dissy then they are pulling your leg. I do know and you can run it like this all day and every day. P.S IT WAS MY TO AND FORM WORK CAR (I was driving it 120ks every day) :D

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Why the XE EFI...? what`s so special about a piece of ancient, inefficient, non-expansive technology...? the XF EFI system was better for performance and economy, but is now ancient, inefficient and non-expansive towards any real development, you`ve heard of an AFM, yes?

16deg advanced on ULP in a late 4.1...? no thanks...especially with compression as high as 11.1...I run 16deg...on gas...

HT140 cam is`nt anything to write home about either if you think about it...without the right timing and port work, it`ll rob you of power

A quick $60shave will make the E2 head dramatically better in terms of compression, not to mention it`s better valve size and chamber design, better for ULP, gas, turbo setups...

Why does the dixxy have to be regraphed...? I`d tell you but you would`nt believe it sunshine...nah, really

See, saying you`ve beaten BAxr6`s and BAxr8`s and VYSS commos, you`re just screaming out loud what a f**k tool you are...

So your mates from Kingaroy are what...16-17...? they prolly think anything that can break traction is a serious weapon...

JAIKAI

Now the original topic was trying to get a bit of go on a budget, how about we keep to that, ay ppl...? before this idiot`s mates chime in...

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

mate drop in a crow cam part no' 14892

a set of headers
and a 2 1/2 inch zorst with a single off-set muffler

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i bet your 12:1 is static compression ratio with a poor flowing head, manifold and intake and your actual running compression probly is only around 9:1 that would be the only way you would be getting around on pump fuel. now as for regraphing, a dissy is the "brains" of the motor it decides when to ignite the fuel/air mixture if it incorrectly igntes the mixture to early to late at high rpm bad things will happen, it is a basic machanical fact that now days is controled by engine managent systems and is a fine art hense the fact people will spend mega bucks on dyno's and tuners, timing advance curve is one of the perimeters that makes todays engines what thay are.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Nah... just dial it around, 16deg base...hell go for 18-21...why not? if a little`s good... :roll:

Not really...

JAIKAI

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2