Fordmods Logo

XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!! 

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: XB GT COUPE IN A YARD!!!!
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Troy wrote:
I think they look best yellow but that's just me, but it does look mighty fine. whats with the back of the bonnet

Old trick to let heat out..

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
Troy wrote:
I think they look best yellow but that's just me, but it does look mighty fine. whats with the back of the bonnet

Old trick to let heat out..

Or doesn't know that you need to raise the front of the hinges to get the back of the bonnet to sit down properly...

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII Ute / XW Fairmont

WA, Australia

Hey folks,
Enjoying reading the banter on this forum about old vs new etc. I've had 12 falcons over the years, mainly XW and XY's. Love 'em. Recently I've been thinking how boring and common the later model stuff is. Got a call out of the blue from a mate selling his unfinished project XD a month ago. I'd asked for first option about 6 years ago, and here it was. Menacing 351, toploader, 9in lsd disc rear, all new steering and suspension etc. I snapped it up and now have it on the road and enjoying getting back into something with a bit of attitude. Sure, it needed a bit of work and still does, but I'm loving it!
Might have to get into my own unstarted project. Original 1 owner (me 2nd) XW Fairmont wagon.
oldsckool rules.

Take care.

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

Personally I think the late 90's ford touras is the best looking ford ever lmfao!!!

reading this has been a good laugh! How can one possibly think these things about the old girls???

All the so called "negatives" this dudes mentioned about them are the exact reasons we love the old boats so much!!

Cars that are cranky, heavy to steer, stiff brakes or have no airbags have nothing wrong with them! It's called character!!! And bow boring would life be if we all drove around in p.o.c with plastic bumpers, 423,000 airbags and steering lighter than a feather???

I guess the mIn reason we still drive and enjoy these old things is because they offer something you just can't get any more, class and character!

I reckon you might be the crackhead mate! But this time I think your dealer sold you baking powder because your saying some real stupid sh*t!!!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
Personally I think the late 90's ford touras is the best looking ford ever lmfao!!!

reading this has been a good laugh! How can one possibly think these things about the old girls???

All the so called "negatives" this dudes mentioned about them are the exact reasons we love the old boats so much!!

Cars that are cranky, heavy to steer, stiff brakes or have no airbags have nothing wrong with them! It's called character!!! And bow boring would life be if we all drove around in p.o.c with plastic bumpers, 423,000 airbags and steering lighter than a feather???

I guess the mIn reason we still drive and enjoy these old things is because they offer something you just can't get any more, class and character!

I reckon you might be the crackhead mate! But this time I think your dealer sold you baking powder because your saying some real stupid sh*t!!!

the Taurus?

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Post subject: Ef fairmont $500 ono
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: 96 Ford Fairmont EF II n others

QLD, Australia

Each to there own but today on the roads are all fantastic plastic n money eaters id go any xa xb xc xd xe etc ova the e series n even b series yer there nice but hell when sumthin stuffs up u need more days workin to pay for it yer i own an ef atm,owned lots if new fords but miss my old muscle even had n old xr 2 speed powerglide that would turn heads more the fords today are to common every 1 has one or saving to get one,gimme a 4.1 or 302-351 te td tf cortina anyday id take old muscle ova plastic n to be truthfull if this xb is his baby no matter what condition he aint gettin rid of it in a hurry yer can be sitting there goin no where but he knows what he hgas to come back on if needed n sorry but dint hold high hopes on getting it

Lowndes,wincup & courtney ..Number 1 Tr888tors.....bring Ambrose back

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

TassieTiger wrote:
Each to there own but today on the roads are all fantastic plastic n money eaters id go any xa xb xc xd xe etc ova the e series n even b series yer there nice but hell when sumthin stuffs up u need more days workin to pay for it yer i own an ef atm,owned lots if new fords but miss my old muscle even had n old xr 2 speed powerglide that would turn heads more the fords today are to common every 1 has one or saving to get one,gimme a 4.1 or 302-351 te td tf cortina anyday id take old muscle ova plastic n to be truthfull if this xb is his baby no matter what condition he aint gettin rid of it in a hurry yer can be sitting there goin no where but he knows what he hgas to come back on if needed n sorry but dint hold high hopes on getting it

sorry for mistakes am fordmodding of my phone lol but u all knows wat i mean

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

TassieTiger wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:

sorry for mistakes am fordmodding of my phone lol but u all knows wat i mean

even xy xw xm xp etc still hold the value they deserve look what u can pick up these days under 3g efs els 6cyl n v8s AU's same even a damaged ba will pull in less value than expected n thats the truth,old ford muscle = money ,pride,class, charm, n stand out from the rest of todays moulded plastics i love my fords dont get me wrong but thats all they are these days...

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Quote:

I owned an XB Fairmont coupe that was originally painted that Ford Mulberry colour, the d***head before me painted it with white house paint, I am kicking myself for:
1. Selling it.
2. Not returning it to Mulberry.
3. Just painting it in white. (with so little of blue tinter it was hard to look at in the sun)
4. SELLING IT :cry:

Now I want a fairly straight and low rust XA wagon to fit a XB GS/GT or Landau/LTD front, XA just for pre ADRs. It can live in the shed for years to play with, thinking mini tubs, big rubber and airbags, nothing to over the top and I want to take the kids cruising, won't be long before the oldest will be wanting his own car, so I won't be needing six seats for cruising.

Back on topic, has anyone heard how the young blokes father went with trying to make a deal.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Macca wrote:
Now I want a fairly straight and low rust XA wagon to fit a XB GS/GT or Landau/LTD front, XA just for pre ADRs.

You'll have to beat me to it, I want a straight and low rust XA wagon for a daily :)

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

knowsfords wrote:
Macca wrote:
Now I want a fairly straight and low rust XA wagon to fit a XB GS/GT or Landau/LTD front, XA just for pre ADRs.

You'll have to beat me to it, I want a straight and low rust XA wagon for a daily :)

I always hated the look of XA's, don't mind the GT front now but still love XB's (sort of like I never liked standard XE fronts, only Ghia, but owned two standard front XE's LOL), I'm only after the pre ADR side of things, you just get away with a little more, but if I found an XB wagon I would love to snap it up.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

some good arguing goin on here but in my opinion the au looks like s**t.
and anyone who says they would prefer an e series or au over an x series is lying to themselves..

te50 ts50 and tl50 look pretty good dont get me wrong but id prefer driving my xm falcon anyday.

how many weddings do you get asked to do in your clapped out chook chasing e series or au?

REAL CARS HAVE METAL/CHROME BUMPERS

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

f**k this thread still going, my fault for throwing out the bait

i couldnt give a f**k how many weddings you do in your old falcon......... no-one would ask me to a wedding in my AU because it f**k ugly and not worthy

have i covered all bases here?

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5