Fordmods Logo

XC Falcon 351 what do you think? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: xc 351

NSW, Australia

im not sure if im right but the later xcs had emission laws which hampered there performance a little bit. Im not totally sure someone here will now for certain. good luck with it all it would be good to see your progress in restoring the old girl.

xg ute, mods include, i painted the interior light
Team- love the dragons
spare wheel
casette player
bench seat
tow bar

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

the 1978 XC's (aka XC series 1.5.... dunno why) were supposed to have slightly revised front suspension to counter the "Radial Tuned Suspension" that holden had.... only giveaway was that the seperate "F.O.R.D" badging had been dropped and the blue oval now graced the grille

Banned

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:50 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

All XCs are subject to the same emissions laws. The later ones had slightly different front suspension and I think the 5.8 got electronic ignition, though that could of been all XCs. Ford badges are the give away, but god knows if they've been changed.

Check for rust around the rear window, in the boot, around the tail lights sill panels and bottom of the doors. Make sure you get under it and have a good look.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Tell him 2000 take it or leave it. Theres a lot of rust that appears to be non existant untill you start stripping the paint then you see holes that you could crawl through.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Tell him 2000 take it or leave it. Theres a lot of rust that appears to be non existant untill you start stripping the paint then you see holes that you could crawl through.

Yeah I was gonna start quite low just because some people don't realise what some things are worth.

working 351s on their own pay what? about $1300

Tyres have got good tread, but yeah if we decide to go through with it then we'll start low.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

It's got SOME potential but the rust is a killer I did up a fairly rust free xb gt and it cost me over $10000 just for the bodywork to say nothing of the $8.500 on mechanicals and that was doing most of the work myself. if you have DEEP pockets GO FOR IT BUT RESEARCH IT very CRITICALLY FIRST. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

check the rear window from inside the boot, take a magnet and check the rear qauters cos you cant get them anymore, check the sills from the underneath of the car, $3500 is too expensive for a rusty shell considering your going to have to pay s**t loads to get the body reapaired, you may aswell find a good four door, good coupes are going for a hell of alot more thatn that

OFFICIAL TOKEN BLACKY

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XE

ACT, Australia

ahahah that rust is f**k up, i wouldnt buy it, just wait around an u can find something better.

Aint
....no
...chistmas....
hammmmmmmmmmm in here.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

mate that car is pretty rusty. the phlenum chamber area is going to be pretty bad because most are. take the front guards off and have a good look at the bulk head too, they tend to rust a bit

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

If that is a genuine, original XC hardtop (complete with rust and shagged motor) buy it.

That combination (351, 4 sp, hardtop) would be a rare one!

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

Dont buy it, save your money and look for something better, with the amount of rust along the side of the roof, you could only imagine what is behind the doors, Hardtop's were notorious for rust behind the doors, my advice would be to hunt around for a bare shell all the other pieces, engine gearbox etc are the easy bits to find!!

Just Wait!!

If you really feel you have to buy it look under the carpet, get underneath and look at the underside of the floor and the subframe, in the boot right down in the side corners etc, I had an XC that I brought 15 odd years ago with 150,000 kms on it and it was riddled with rust that had been repaired with cardboard, chicken wire and bog and resprayed (I knew this at the time, the car was tidy looking and a great runner, i sold it at 240,000 kms)

Rex

"It wasn't me it was the other three"

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Mate as an XC owner that thing is f**ck. The rust in the roof is bad dude it will have gone up in to the upper rocker under the head linning. That alone will cost a bomb to repair. Although you can still get 1/4 panels for them if you know where to look. I dont know where you got the figure for the price of a runnig 351. I sold a complete runnig motor plus auto for $500. And sold a short motor for $50. In the end its up to you but for my money i wouldnt touch wait untill you find something better. Big John

XC-GXL 387 12.04 @ 114

Last edited by Big John on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:52 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

Nice ride Big John.

Rex

"It wasn't me it was the other three"

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks Floopy. Had it for about 10 years or so.

XC-GXL 387 12.04 @ 114

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

i reckon its too good :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2